Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL

döm

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on January 10, 2016, 23:21:55 pm
Oh, very big and clever of them.
No Mr T, it's the people who bettered themselves to escape from Council estates who made Britain great :)

at least the council estates were there as a base from which to improve from.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: döm on January 11, 2016, 11:38:54 am
at least the council estates were there as a base from which to improve from.

But the people who live there now don't have the educational opportunities available to them as in the Grammar Schools of old, and there's no point in everybody taking a Hairdressing degree.
Legend in my own Mind

Matt2112

Little bits of progress in the returning sensation in my right hand fingers hitting little milestones - the latest of which is being able to hold a pick with a reasonably consistent grip through the duration of a song.  My thumb and forefinger's fingertips are still a bit numb, and the pick keeps slipping without adjusting for it, but for now I'll settle for that; a few weeks ago my right hand could barely turn a door key. :)
The keys to happiness

Jonners

Quote from: Matt2112 on January 14, 2016, 00:07:40 am
Little bits of progress in the returning sensation in my right hand fingers hitting little milestones - the latest of which is being able to hold a pick with a reasonably consistent grip through the duration of a song.  My thumb and forefinger's fingertips are still a bit numb, and the pick keeps slipping without adjusting for it, but for now I'll settle for that; a few weeks ago my right hand could barely turn a door key. :)

What have you done?
The new songs are an abomination

Matt2112

January 14, 2016, 12:16:03 pm #125 Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 12:21:05 pm by Matt2112
Quote from: Jonners on January 14, 2016, 10:23:59 am
What have you done?

I suffered a "Transient Ischaemic Attack" - a kind of mini-stroke - on 6th December.  Temporarily lost the feeling on my right hand side (still manifest in my fingers), face drooped to one side, lost my power of speech for 12 hours ("expressive dysphasia" they call it)...and it wasn't even my round.  ;)
The keys to happiness

captainkurtz

Quote from: Matt2112 on January 14, 2016, 00:07:40 am

Have you, er, tried to, er, pleasure yourself with this hand?  All in the name of rehabilation of said arm, of course.   :)

Glad you're on the mend, chap.
Anger is a gift.

Matt2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on January 14, 2016, 12:33:56 pm
Have you, er, tried to, er, pleasure yourself with this hand?  All in the name of rehabilation of said arm, of course.   :)

I need both, mate.  :-X  :P

;)
The keys to happiness

Jonners

Quote from: Matt2112 on January 14, 2016, 12:16:03 pm
I suffered a "Transient Ischaemic Attack" - a kind of mini-stroke - on 6th December.  Temporarily lost the feeling on my right hand side (still manifest in my fingers), face drooped to one side, lost my power of speech for 12 hours ("expressive dysphasia" they call it)...and it wasn't even my round.  ;)

Crikey.
My dad was on the verge of one but the doctor spotted the symptoms of it (something to do with his eye I think) and managed to manage him through it

Glad you are on the mend

Straight Shooter

Quote from: Matt2112 on January 14, 2016, 12:16:03 pm

Ah, that's what happened. Like everyone else, glad to hear you're on the mend Matt.
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Jonners

pdw1

Quote from: Straight Shooter on January 14, 2016, 14:05:03 pm
Ah, that's what happened. Like everyone else, glad to hear you're on the mend Matt.

Yes good to hear you are on the mend. Take care
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Matt2112

Thank you, one and all.  It'll be just few more weeks until the sensation is completely back in my right hand (yes, yes...) and I have an MRI scan imminent, which should be a formality, and that should complete the recovery. 

This is what moving house with a pregnant, diabetic partner does to folk...  ::)
The keys to happiness

TerrBerr

Glad you're on the mend, Matt. Hope to see you at Real Time next Friday. :)

Quote from: Matt2112 on January 15, 2016, 13:15:00 pm
This is what moving house with a pregnant, diabetic partner does to folk...  ::)

Nah, it was the prospect of R50 in Belfast I think!  ;D

To me you're a Captain, but to a Captain, you're no Captain!

Jonners