Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

Getting home off our holidays in one piece. Don't enjoy flying one bit.

Richard_2112

My band is through to the Leeds final for this year's Bloodstock Metal To The Masses competition.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

pdw1

Quote from: Richard_2112 on June 02, 2019, 12:31:59 pmMy band is through to the Leeds final for this year's Bloodstock Metal To The Masses competition.
good luck
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

pdw1

The sky here in Cambridge is full of Spitfires and Dakotas :)
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Matt2112

Quote from: Richard_2112 on June 02, 2019, 12:31:59 pmMy band is through to the Leeds final for this year's Bloodstock Metal To The Masses competition.
Great to hear Richard, rooting for you mate. :)
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

Learning that David Lynch is to receive an honorary Oscar for his outstanding contribution to film.

Nominated multiple times in the traditional categories, and robbed of a win at least once, I can think of no-one more deserving of such an award; a unique, bona fide genius of his craft.
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

The kind, altruistic solidarity of a fellow TNMSer.  Thank you sir!  :D
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on June 12, 2019, 23:10:50 pmThe kind, altruistic solidarity of a fellow TNMSer.  Thank you sir!  :D
No idea what this refers to, but its been a familiar theme on here over the years... :)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

DavidL

Around four years ago I was walking through my hometown of Witney wearing a Caress of Steel T-shirt. A guy walking towards me made a complimentary comment about said shirt as he passed me. I could have just walked on, chuffed at his endorsement. However, I decide to turn around and engage with another kindred spirit. Thus began a friendship that consisted, mostly, of catching up from time to time, over a beer or two, and talking about all things Rush (and other shared musical interests).
Just over a week ago, my good friend Bob contacted me to say he was going to Geddy's book signing in London. He really wanted to go to Manchester in order to go to the Q&A but it had sold out. As some of us may know, the location was changed to accommodate demand so Bob did manage to eventually secure a ticket for Manchester.
He contacted me a couple of days ago to organise a get together so he could tell me about his (two) experiences of meeting Geddy. We arranged to meet this evening for a couple of jars, whilst taking in a little live music at our local Witney Music Festival. (I was keen to see the T-Rex tribute act (Too Rex), Bob was keen to join me).
On seeing Bob, waiting for me at the top of the High St., I noticed he had a carrier bag with him. I sauntered towards him and we made our greetings. He then thrust the bag towards me and said "there you go, take it, it's yours"

It was a copy of Geddy's Big, Beautiful Book of Bass, signed by Geddy.......for me! ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)

Absolutely blown away by my friend's consideration. Bob Morris - legend.

Matt2112

Nice one, David. :)

My SP is hearing that Greece has joined the growing list of countries that have abolished "blasphemy".  Just in time for my next visit!  ;D
The keys to happiness

The Letter R

Nice story David - that must be one strong carrier bag!!!

captainkurtz

Tool last night at Donington.  Holy shit.
Anger is a gift.

Chris Quartly

Quote from: Matt2112 on June 15, 2019, 10:18:45 amNice one, David. :)

My SP is hearing that Greece has joined the growing list of countries that have abolished "blasphemy".  Just in time for my next visit!  ;D

Didn't realise I'd dodged a bullet in April!
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Slim

Ian Lavery's Twitter account hacked.

Richard_2112

Nothing particularly simple about this, but after storming our way through all the heats, my band Black Falcon are officially going to be playing this year's Bloodstock!!!

The funny thing is we didn't even win our final. The organiser liked us so much he put us on the Jaegermeister stage!!!
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.