Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL

The clash between the liberal left and the Muslim community over sex education policy in Birmingham schools. The news reported that Jess Phillips had been sent into bat for advocates of Lettuce, Bacon, Gammon, Tomato and Qcumber to be on the school menu. It was amusing to see her giving a male Muslim activist a lecture on tolerance. Be interesting to see how the liberal left resolve this one. ;D

Matt2112

Quote from: DavidL on May 20, 2019, 23:01:55 pm
The clash between the liberal left and the Muslim community over sex education policy in Birmingham schools. The news reported that Jess Phillips had been sent into bat for advocates of Lettuce, Bacon, Gammon, Tomato and Qcumber to be on the school menu. It was amusing to see her giving a male Muslim activist a lecture on tolerance. Be interesting to see how the liberal left resolve this one. ;D

Intersectional dissonance in action.  The regressives would rather not address this issue, preferring instead to pillory straight white males over purposefully crass online jokes.  ::)
The keys to happiness

DavidL

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 21, 2019, 00:42:05 am

Intersectional dissonance in action.  The regressives would rather not address this issue, preferring instead to pillory straight white males over purposefully crass online jokes.  ::)
'Cultural diversity' in action  ;D . The liberals' 'islamification' of many parts of our country hits the buffers. Amusing to see the progressives hoisted by their own petard, brilliant! I guess the parents will be fined for keeping their kids out of school?

zoony

Had a great day on holiday after yesterday's washout. It's amazing what difference some nice weather makes.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: zoony on May 25, 2019, 17:00:52 pm
Had a great day on holiday after yesterday's washout. It's amazing what difference some nice weather makes.

Not stopping at Camp Granada are you?

My simple pleasure is a fully paid up Mortgage :)
Legend in my own Mind

Slim

Nice one! My Derby mortgage would have been paid up last year if I hadn't bought a new house ten years ago.

I believe today's simple pleasures will arrive later this evening.

Nick

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on May 25, 2019, 22:27:07 pm

Just finished ours a couple of months back, since then nearly every appliance in the house has broken!
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Nïckslïkk2112

Must be feeling ill, a simple pleasure two days running!

It was nice to see my backyard - the Chesterfield Canal - on Countryfile tonight. My cycling renaissance began along its towpath six years ago. I was most impressed by how they avoided showing the komplete khazi that is Stavely and the derelict industrial wasteland of Staveley Chemicals - where I worked for 20 years.
Legend in my own Mind

zoony

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on May 25, 2019, 22:27:07 pmNot stopping at Camp Granada are you?

Got another 8 years on mine yet. No big deal though, it's less than £300 a month.

Stewart

Being able to LIKE posts at last 👍

DavidL

Quote from: zoony on May 27, 2019, 10:18:52 amGot another 8 years on mine yet. No big deal though, it's less than £300 a month.
Paying off the mortgage is a financial anti-climax IMO

DavidL

Alastair Campbell getting booted out of the Labour party  ;D

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: DavidL on May 28, 2019, 23:45:04 pmAlastair Campbell getting booted out of the Labour party  ;D
Pity the vile excresence didn't get booted out of the human race >:(

Repulsive individual.
Legend in my own Mind

DavidL

Seeing it reported in the newspaper that Bombardier in Derby may be developing and building the rolling stock for the two new monorail lines in Cairo. Gives my 'side venture' a little more credibility:

www.westoxmonorail.com

:)

Bez

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on May 29, 2019, 09:53:37 amPity the vile excresence didn't get booted out of the human race >:(

Repulsive individual.
It seems we need a dislike button as well as a like one....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%