Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 18:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nïckslïkk2112

An impromptu  meet up with Baldie Pete, Captain Ron and Muppet at Riverside tonight :)
Legend in my own Mind

DavidL

Being able to pay my due respects to all those that served and continue to serve. The town of Witney did them proud.
We shall never forget them.

Nïckslïkk2112

A weekend of Riverside. :)

It was also nice to come across what must have been the City of London Remembrance celebration outside the Royal Exchange. I'd avoided the Westminster area to avoid crowds, but this was nice and low key. There was some absolutely shocking marching going on though.
Legend in my own Mind

Ricky4001

A bit late with this one, Sunday 11th, my eldest daughter got to lay the wreath for her division at the St John Ambulance Remembrance Service
Wembley 1988
Birmingham 1992 x2
Birmingham 2004
Manchester 2007
Dublin 2011 yay!
Birmingham 2013

DavidL

Moving Pictures sounded awesome and went down a storm at tonight's Classic Vinyl@The Plough. Unfortunately the first album, Remain In Light by Talking Heads, went down like a cup of cold sick!

captainkurtz

Remain in Light is fecking amazing...
Anger is a gift.

DavidL

Quote from: captainkurtz on November 15, 2018, 00:01:51 am
Remain in Light is fecking amazing...
Not to the assembled hoary, old rock fans, it isn't  ;)

pdw1

I agree with Kurtzy.
So what happens at these pub vinyl sessions? Does everyone sit down in a reverential hush to listen to every note or do they just stand around drinking and chatting with the music in the background?
And why vinyl and not CD?
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Blastzone

A fine day yesterday,in Edinburgh with Baldie Pete ,Pricey and some of his Wigan mates .Alcohol,grub and the rugby . A few tender heads today but a belter of a get together
Mon the Jambos

pdw1

Off to see Muse at the Albert Hall tonight.
Front row of the circle seats so should get a good view.

DavidL

The thoughtfulness of the Paris protesters who, despite their anger, have not forgotten to keep their safety and that of the city's motorists uppermost in their minds - well done them

captainkurtz

Anger is a gift.

Richard_2112

Passed my final probation at work with flying colours and am officially full time again.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

pdw1

Quote from: Richard_2112 on December 09, 2018, 22:40:13 pm
Passed my final probation at work with flying colours and am officially full time again.
Well done Richard  :)

Matt2112

Quote from: Richard_2112 on December 09, 2018, 22:40:13 pm

Good stuff, Richard.  8)
The keys to happiness