Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80

Started by Chris Quartly, November 19, 2015, 19:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JonL

Listening to Miles, alone with a beer. Most of the decs are gone. My room is really my room now. Lovely.
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

Fishy

In a cottage  in Lochranza on Arran for new year...brilliant
From the Land of Honest Men.

zoony

Halfway through my 9th day of doing jack shit, and still got another 4 to go.

Nïckslïkk2112

Well, we gave my old mother a good send off today :)

Standing room only in the Church, I couldn't believe the amount of people who came out afterwards, it was never-ending. Good job we upped the buffet numbers from 100 to 120.

It's good to catch up with friends and relations, but the circumstances aren't the best for it.
Legend in my own Mind

zoony

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on December 30, 2015, 18:52:52 pm

Standing room only in the Church, I couldn't believe the amount of people who came out afterwards, it was never-ending. Good job we upped the buffet numbers from 100 to 120.

It's good to catch up with friends and relations, but the circumstances aren't the best for it.

Glad it all went off well for you Simmers.

JonL

Decs down for another 11 months. House back to normal, which feels odd considering we went from building work straight into decorations.
First time I ve really seen the house in its new layout properly.
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

pdw1

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on December 30, 2015, 18:52:52 pm

That is good hear.
She would have wanted you to catch up on all the gossip ;)
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: pdw1 on December 31, 2015, 16:45:18 pm
She would have wanted you to catch up on all the gossip ;)

Poor old lass would rather have caught up on the gossip herself...

Still, my simple pleasure is getting through Christmas and New Year with the family as close as possible to the way things have always been done :)
I've even stayed slightly more sober than usual - although I think other people prefer it when I'm in one of my alcohol induced comas :(
Legend in my own Mind

pdw1

Spent the day at my cousins place in the Somerset levels catching up with family and drinking beer
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

zoony

Wendy is taking the Xmas decorations down  :).

zoony

We've had 9 new starters in our department this week. Plenty of banter and piss taking to welcome them aboard.

Jonners

A call from Mrs M about 3 minutes ago shouting/laughing at me, as my car had a product recall today for an airbag thingy, and she had turned up to the dealership in the wrong car!

its the simple things in life.
The new songs are an abomination

Straight Shooter

Quote from: Jonners on January 08, 2016, 13:19:23 pm
A call from Mrs M about 3 minutes ago shouting/laughing at me, as my car had a product recall today for an airbag thingy, and she had turned up to the dealership in the wrong car!

its the simple things in life.

;D  ;D
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

döm

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: döm on January 10, 2016, 16:18:23 pm
Squeeze

Oh, very big and clever of them.

Quote from: Glenn TilbrookI grew up in council houses, part of what made Britain great

No Mr T, it's the people who bettered themselves to escape from Council estates who made Britain great :)
Legend in my own Mind