Author Topic: Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80  (Read 41731 times)

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
Re: Simple Pleasure of the Day - 80
« Reply #1020 on: October 15, 2018, 19:27:57 PM »
Fracking operations have started again in Lancashire - should be a valuable addition to our energy strategy, and a well-deseved kick in the gonads for the Green Party flat earthers and fellow travellers.

Nïckslïkk2112

• TNMS Member
  • Dull by day, asleep at night.
« Reply #1021 on: October 16, 2018, 22:00:17 PM »
Fracking operations have started again in Lancashire - should be a valuable addition to our energy strategy, and a well-deseved kick in the gonads for the Green Party flat earthers and fellow travellers.
LOL

Where's the "Like" button :)

I bet most of the anti-fracking mob are paid up members of the whinging about "Thatcher" closing the pits posse. That's the coal mines which have left a legacy of polluted water courses and swarms of unnoticeable earthquakes. There's nowt so blinkered as folk.
Legend in my own Mind

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #1022 on: October 17, 2018, 23:31:42 PM »
Great Classic Vinyl@The Plough tonight. First album Let It Bleed went down well . Next up was Machine Head (at suitable volume). Not a note out of place on that one and it sounded awesome.
Next month: Remain in Light by Talking Heads and..............Moving Pictures  ;D

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #1023 on: October 21, 2018, 00:37:04 AM »
U2 at Manc Arena tonight.  Just magnificent as ever.

Was on the floor and for the last third of the show Hass (captainkurtz) and I managed to get about three rows from the main stage in front of The Edge - an easy underarm stone’s throw away; we could hear Larry Mullen’s cymbals acoustically.  Just fantastic to see them up so close and to witness how much graft they’re actually putting into it. And the little nods and smiles to the first few rows.  They truly are a class act.  8)
HYFTOUR30

pdw1

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1024 on: October 21, 2018, 14:34:01 PM »
U2 at Manc Arena tonight.  Just magnificent as ever.

Was on the floor and for the last third of the show Hass (captainkurtz) and I managed to get about three rows from the main stage in front of The Edge - an easy underarm stone’s throw away; we could hear Larry Mullen’s cymbals acoustically.  Just fantastic to see them up so close and to witness how much graft they’re actually putting into it. And the little nods and smiles to the first few rows.  They truly are a class act.  8)
You are not the only ones who thought that:https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/oct/21/u2-review-manchester-arena-experience-innocence-tour
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #1025 on: October 21, 2018, 18:23:34 PM »
You are not the only ones who thought that:https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/oct/21/u2-review-manchester-arena-experience-innocence-tour

Guardian in reasonable article shocker. ;) :)
HYFTOUR30

Straight Shooter

• TNMS Member
  • Alive at both ends but a little dead in the middle
« Reply #1026 on: October 26, 2018, 00:03:32 AM »
Teenage Fanclub playing a small, local theatre  8)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Bez

• TNMS Member
  • Yes, I DO look like my bloody avatar...
« Reply #1027 on: October 26, 2018, 07:56:40 AM »
LOL

Where's the "Like" button :)

I bet most of the anti-fracking mob are paid up members of the whinging about "Thatcher" closing the pits posse. That's the coal mines which have left a legacy of polluted water courses and swarms of unnoticeable earthquakes. There's nowt so blinkered as folk.

It seems that operations were suspended (may still be) due to a minor earth tremor.... ::)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

döm

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1028 on: October 26, 2018, 09:02:13 AM »
It seems that operations were suspended (may still be) due to a minor earth tremor.... ::)

Environmental correctness gone mad  presumably!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Bisto

• TNMS Member
  • Meh!
« Reply #1029 on: October 26, 2018, 09:25:40 AM »

Environmental correctness gone mad  presumably!

;D
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Richard_2112

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1030 on: October 26, 2018, 20:30:41 PM »
My bands debut album Turn Around And Face The Sun has been released today and it's already had over 500 listens on Spotify
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Nïckslïkk2112

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1031 on: October 26, 2018, 22:14:02 PM »
Very Minor. Magnitude 0.8.

Ollerton, not too far from me - in easy cycling distance - is at the centre of a seismic activity zone. Frequently up to magnitude 2. Being as earthquake magnitudes are a logarithmic scale, this is appreciably larger than anything near Quadrilla's fracking site.

http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/earthquakes/recent_events/ollerton_earthquakes.html

Move along, nothing to see - or feel - here.
Legend in my own Mind

Nïckslïkk2112

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1032 on: October 27, 2018, 18:47:51 PM »
The cloud-filtered rays of the setting sun highlighting the folds of the Derbyshire hills. Apart from the wind, a great day to be up on the tops on your bike.
Legend in my own Mind

Richard_2112

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1033 on: October 28, 2018, 18:11:23 PM »
Went on a race circuit driving experience today and got to drive an Aston Martin Vantage. Absolutely beautiful car!
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

The Letter R

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
  • If you want something done right...just forget it.
« Reply #1034 on: October 30, 2018, 08:24:18 AM »
Very Minor. Magnitude 0.8.

Ollerton, not too far from me - in easy cycling distance - is at the centre of a seismic activity zone. Frequently up to magnitude 2. Being as earthquake magnitudes are a logarithmic scale, this is appreciably larger than anything near Quadrilla's fracking site.

http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/earthquakes/recent_events/ollerton_earthquakes.html

Move along, nothing to see - or feel - here.

Surely the question should be, before they starting fracking how many earthquakes were recorded in the area vs after they started - looking at the link you posted in the last 100 days of the last 31 recorded earthquakes 29 were in Blackpool the first one just days after fracking started. Between end of 25 July and 12 October there were no recorded earthquakes in that area - so the correlation of fracking and seismic activity is quite strong I would say.
In my opinion there are better ways at sourcing energy for this country other than fracking - more investment in Solar is particularly needed along with wind and wave / hydro electric power.