Author Topic: Thailand. Bangkok and Ao Nang  (Read 1339 times)

The Doctor 2

• TNMS Member
Thailand. Bangkok and Ao Nang
« on: September 25, 2015, 09:54:00 AM »
Booked up for 3 nights in Bangkok and 11 nights in Ao Nang at the beginning of February. Any recommendations? Keep it clean please. ;)
It's not a different Doctor

Craig Smith

• TNMS Member
  • Is there anybody out there?
Re: Thailand. Bangkok and Ao Nang
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 12:11:05 PM »
Temple of the Reclining Buddha,  Temple of the Emerald Buddha and the Royal Palace are must do's and are very close to each other and can easily be done in one day.

The night market at Patpong is another "must do" (just cover your eyes when looking at the bars on either side of the market  ;) ) and the restaurants in that area are fantastic too.

If you get the chance, definitely get on the river and use the river taxis, which are really cheap but a great way to see the city, as is the Skytrain.

I'm in Bangkok in October but only as a stop off as we're on-route to Hua Hin. 

Enjoy, it's an amazing city.

His visions lifelike and full of imagination,
it's strange to think they came from such a tiny head.

Nick

• TNMS Member
  • You lookin' at me?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 14:21:29 PM »
Agree with the above, just as an aside the food sellers sell little bottles of orange juice (its not orange but something like a clementine) that is so refreshing in the humidity, got quite addicted to them. Have a go in a Tuk Tuk, quite an experience, just be careful with the prices. If you get a chance to eat fresh Tom yam Gai soup, you could never recreate the freshness here in the UK. You should have a ball.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Straight Shooter

• TNMS Member
  • Alive at both ends but a little dead in the middle
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 15:07:25 PM »
If you get a chance to eat fresh Tom yam Gai soup....
For a second, I thought it was Wayne's World......  ;)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Nick

• TNMS Member
  • You lookin' at me?
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 16:01:13 PM »
Just back from Bangkok again. Must say the food continues to impress me. Spent a day an hour north at Ayutthaya where there are many impressive temples, a unesco heritage site, stinking hot but fresh coconuts saved the day.

The Doctor 2

• TNMS Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 12:25:47 PM »
I was thoroughly impressed by Thailand. Food was amazing. Tried all the local specialties. Bangkok was amazing although didnt get round to the usual touristy stuff like temples and palaces etc as we got anchored in a boozer in Sukhumvit until 5am. Will save that for the next time I go.
Weather was tremendous, stinking hot and humid. Spent most of our afternoons hiding from the sun, as it was so strong. Cant wait to go back.
It's not a different Doctor

Nick

• TNMS Member
  • You lookin' at me?
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 14:45:48 PM »
got anchored in a boozer in Sukhumvit until 5am.

Suffered a similar fate myself!