Jeremy Corbyn is Leader of the Labour Party

Started by Slim, September 12, 2015, 13:08:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

well all I would say about that is that the conspicuous failures have tended to exaggerate Labour's chances rather than the other way round .. recent by-election results are where the writing can be seen on the wall, I think.
Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.

Slim

Quote from: Slim on September 12, 2015, 18:08:01 pmLabour had an uphill battle anyway - we will change the constituency boundaries to make them fairer and eliminate Labour's built-in advantage. It will be the work of many years, maybe a generation, for them to regain their Scottish seats if they can do it at all. A week is a long time in politics I know, but I can't help feeling I've seen the 2020 election results today. George Osborne is Prime Minister, with an increased Conservative majority.

Well - I was out by a year, and by a Tory leader. I didn't see the 2017 election coming. But in essence - I wasn't wrong.
Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.

Matt2112

Corbyn has pledged he won't be leading Labour into the next general election.

Er, try "next Spring" mate. 

Time for that party to rid its front bench of radicals.
The keys to happiness

zoony

The biggest laughing stock in politics, and a toss up between him and Thatcher about who is the most hated.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: zoony on December 13, 2019, 09:46:45 amThe biggest laughing stock in politics, and a toss up between him and Thatcher about who is the most hated.
At least the Blessed Margaret did some good. Corbyn would have done nothing but untold ills.
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

zoony

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on December 13, 2019, 10:30:40 amAt least the Blessed Margaret did some good. 
I'm not arguing with that mate, but hated by millions all the same.

rufus the dawg

This thread is now closed thank god, what an idiot.
Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.

Nïckslïkk2112

He's still leader of the Labour Party though.
He's still an idiot.
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

rufus the dawg

Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.