Jeremy Corbyn is Leader of the Labour Party

Started by Slim, September 12, 2015, 13:08:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Yes, it just shows how thick those publications are when they persist in adopting cheap, grubby smear tactics even though Corbyn's policies are so easy to criticize.

That said, I'm going to defend Corbyn for a moment.  There's a lot of nonsense about his lack of females on his front benches.  So what?  Maybe he just chose who he thought were the best people for the job?  Maybe he doesn't care what gender they are whereas the knife-wielding right-on press clearly do?  I find this over-compensatory reverse-sexism ironic, given Corbyn is supposed to be the leftie.  :-\
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on September 15, 2015, 10:46:33 am

That said, I'm going to defend Corbyn for a moment.  There's a lot of nonsense about his lack of females on his front benches.  So what?  Maybe he just chose who he thought were the best people for the job?  Maybe he doesn't care what gender they are whereas the knife-wielding right-on press clearly do?  I find this over-compensatory reverse-sexism ironic, given Corbyn is supposed to be the leftie.  :-\

I listened to Mrs Bez making that same point last night.....witha few more expletives.....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Slim

Nobody has the slightest need to "smear"Jeremy Corbyn. There's about three decades of verifiable fun facts and legitimately attributable quotes to choose from.

I find the whole thing utterly fascinating. What now for Labour? There'll be a ferocious backlash from the militant headbangers on the party's left if the moderates can wrest control of the party from them. I think they're screwed.

DavidL

Quote from: Slim on September 15, 2015, 21:51:06 pm
I find the whole thing utterly fascinating.
It may just be a heightened interest in politics that comes naturally with age but I also find, not just the Labour situation, but the whole political scene fascinating at this point.
The rise of UKIP, the fall of the EU, the sanctimonious LibDems becoming an irrelevance along with the posibility that the Tories will be unassailable for years is all exciting stuff.
Makes the last couple of decades seem very mundane, in political terms. Having said that, clearly some of the more challenging situations Europe has to grapple with now are as a result of (disasterous) decisions made by politicians during that time.

Matt2112

Corbyn doesn't sing the national anthem at the Battle Of Britain commemorations.

Well boo-f#cking-hoo.

Maybe he was silently reflecting on those who took an active part - which didn't include an outmoded monarch or an imaginary deity.

The papers are scoring own goals when there's an open goal at the other end.
The keys to happiness

Captain Ron

I don't like his international political view. He just gives off a constant whiff of "terrorists are just really nice misunderstood people" vibe at every turn which makes me want to vomit. His political views on a fairer distribution of wealth in the country are more palatable but his reasoning and likely preferred methods for getting this achieved would likely bankrupt the country. If he looks like he is ever getting near being a prime minister then I personally would not object to him having an "accident" even though I realise that is an affront to democracy. In that exceptionally unlikely eventuality though I think I could take the moral hit and live with it.
"I was brought up to believe" (but never to leave beer)

Jonners

Not keen on his ideas of a national maximum wage
The new songs are an abomination

Fishy

will be interesting to see what support (if any) he gets from the MPs sitting behind him at PMqs... will they be cheering and waving their papers or sitting on their hands..??
From the Land of Honest Men.

döm

Quote from: Matt2112 on September 16, 2015, 10:43:54 am
Corbyn doesn't sing the national anthem at the Battle Of Britain commemorations.

Well boo-f#cking-hoo.

Maybe he was silently reflecting on those who took an active part - which didn't include an outmoded monarch or an imaginary deity.

The papers are scoring own goals when there's an open goal at the other end.

maybe he has a really bad singing voice ?
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Straight Shooter

Quote from: döm on September 16, 2015, 14:02:07 pm

...or doesn't know all the words properly  ::)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

DavidL

Quote from: döm on September 16, 2015, 14:02:07 pm
Seems we will find out if that is the case. Labour pronounce - "Jeremy Corbyn will sing the national anthem in the future".

There's the first one of his principles to be compromised.............there will be more, no doubt! ;D

Captain Ron

I doubt he'll ever sing the national anthem but he might hum the melody, possibly add some harmony descant.
"I was brought up to believe" (but never to leave beer)

döm

Quote from: Straight Shooter on September 16, 2015, 14:26:26 pm
...or doesn't know all the words properly  ::)

could be that - he seemed to know the words for "The Red Flag" pretty well  ;D
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

Kudos to Corbyn for attempting to make PMQs a bit more 'grown up'  - respect comrade  ;)

zoony