Martin McGuinness Dead

Started by Bez, March 21, 2017, 11:03:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL

döm

Quote from: DavidL on March 22, 2017, 18:40:14 pm
He'll be down at least 6' tomorrow.

Yes that did cross my mind. Did anyone see the difference between the front page of the Daily Mail's English and Irish editions. What a vile publication.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Bisto on March 22, 2017, 13:05:42 pm
Youre a Revisionist apologist then? Read your history...if you can be arsed...I'm not going to bother trying to illuminate you....theres none so blind as those that dont want to see

There are lots of histories you can read. You can make a case out to support more or less whatever you want from any of them. As I say I derive from Irish peasant stock. It wasn't a particularly good attempt at Genocide was it now?

Heck, I even ended up marrying a filthy proddy :)
Legend in my own Mind

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: döm on March 22, 2017, 21:23:12 pm

Yes that did cross my mind. Did anyone see the difference between the front page of the Daily Mail's English and Irish editions. What a vile publication.

I saw the English one. It pointed out that McGuinness was intimately involved with vile, murderous scum. Anything wrong with that?
Legend in my own Mind

döm

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on March 22, 2017, 21:25:48 pm
I saw the English one. It pointed out that McGuinness was intimately involved with vile, murderous scum. Anything wrong with that?

The Irish one had a full page pic of him as a handsome young man.  I think in Belfast the 2 would be available for sale
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: döm on March 22, 2017, 22:01:31 pm

The Irish one had a full page pic of him as a handsome young man.  I think in Belfast the 2 would be available for sale

Handsome?
Then again I'm not qualified to judge. The only handsome man I can think of is me  :-* ::)

Blokes, if you don't look like me you're plug ugly!
Legend in my own Mind

Richard_2112

March 22, 2017, 23:11:06 pm #36 Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 23:14:24 pm by Richard_2112
Quote from: Slim on March 22, 2017, 14:12:17 pm
The only thing I like about Andrew really is that, as much as I loathe him, it'll never be quite as much as he loathes himself.

That was totally uncalled for! Although attacking a guy for his disability, wouldn't expect anything less from a Tory
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Bisto

....or a Sociopath!

Thanks Richard!
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

The Letter R

Guys - please keep this on topic and keep the personal stuff off site - Thanks.

Slim

March 23, 2017, 10:38:33 am #39 Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 10:43:53 am by Slim
Quote from: Richard_2112 on March 22, 2017, 23:11:06 pm
That was totally uncalled for! Although attacking a guy for his disability, wouldn't expect anything less from a Tory

Firstly : though he'll try to hide behind it of course, it's nothing to do with his disability - just his thoroughly unpleasant personality.

Secondly: did you read the post I responded to? Any thoughts on that?

Would engage your brain before you type, next time.

captainkurtz

The laudable willingness to forgive and the incredible generosity of spirit, as shown by the families of those who lost relatives in IRA atrocities, is a lesson that could be learnt here, chaps.
Anger is a gift.

Richard_2112

Quote from: Slim on March 23, 2017, 10:38:33 am
Firstly : though he'll try to hide behind it of course, it's nothing to do with his disability - just his thoroughly unpleasant personality.

Secondly: did you read the post I responded to? Any thoughts on that?

Would engage your brain before you type, next time.

Well at first I was going to say how much decorum you had used in your initial response, especially considering your stance on Jeremy Corbyn's "IRA loving" but that went out of the window with that needless personal dig at Andrew
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Slim

Quote from: Richard_2112 on March 23, 2017, 18:58:24 pm
Well at first I was going to say how much decorum you had used in your initial response, especially considering your stance on Jeremy Corbyn's "IRA loving" but that went out of the window with that needless personal dig at Andrew

Ah, well you see Richard - my own strong preference to be pleasant and civil also went out the window at the point when I was called an "ignorant c***", which after all is nothing if not a personal remark.

Jonners

Quote from: Slim on March 23, 2017, 19:24:06 pm
Ah, well you see Richard - my own strong preference to be pleasant and civil also went out the window at the point when I was called an "ignorant c***", which after all is nothing if not a personal remark.

Agreed

You are not ignorant........

;)
The new songs are an abomination

zoony

I agree with Norman Tebitt. The only reason McGuiness turned to the peace process was that him and his mate Adam's were about to be charged for the atrocities they were behind, and it was the easy way out.