Setlist

Started by BaldiePete, May 13, 2015, 07:41:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

Quote from: Thailand Express on May 16, 2015, 22:49:31 pm
It's a pity they went the whole hog recreating Xanadu but didn't do the original ending.

That's me not as bothered about missing the show now  ;D

yeah what happened to the ending.....very odd...
From the Land of Honest Men.

Nick

Woke up in the middle of the night and managed to watch it live via the new fangled Periscope app. Amazing to think we can now watch all concerts live on this tour. Granted the quality can vary but it's still blows my mind a bit.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Thailand Express

Yes it's a far cry ;) from the days when you'd wait several months into a tour for Kerrang or somebody to publish some setlist exclusives and maybe a photo or two from the show...

Nick

Nick

The Wreckers in Austin with Alex on a guitar i've not seen him play before. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCTfQWfPIF4

Richard_2112

Quote from: Nick on May 17, 2015, 22:06:33 pm
The Wreckers in Austin with Alex on a guitar i've not seen him play before. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCTfQWfPIF4

It's a Rickenbacker of some sort. Nasty guitars  :-\
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

VdGGfan

At the risk of being shot down in flames here and apologies if this has been pointed out before as being bl**din' obvious, but it took me a couple of looks at the setlist to realise it goes in order from the most recent studio album to the earliest. Don't remember any artist choosing a setlist this way before and possibly another hint  that it is the very last tour.

Still, think a couple of old guys pulling off the double necks together looks pretty cool.  8)
Glasgow SECC - 2004
Glasgow SECC - 2007
Glasgow SECC - 2011
Glasgow SECC - 2013

Jonners

its quite clever really, and pretty brave

Wish they had done it in 1988!
The new songs are an abomination

Richard_2112

Quote from: VdGGfan on May 18, 2015, 17:50:31 pm
the most recent studio album to the earliest.

Well, skipping Presto, Hold Your Fire and Power Windows....
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Nick

Quote from: Richard_2112 on May 18, 2015, 20:04:09 pm

And Test for echoo , thank god.

BaldiePete

Quote from: Richard_2112 on May 18, 2015, 20:04:09 pm

Result !  ;D

Richard_2112

Some belting songs on the 4 that they've skipped. If they could have added:

Test For Echo or Driven
Red Tide
Lock & Key
Emotion Detector

I'd say that was a complete set list - hell, those songs I've picked could have really brightened up that dull first set!

captainkurtz

Or afterimage or kid gloves or prime mover or totem or chain lightning or available light etc..

Anger is a gift.

Matt2112

The keys to happiness

DavidL

Quote from: Richard_2112 on May 18, 2015, 21:00:23 pm
Some belting songs on the 4 that they've skipped. If they could have added:

Test For Echo or Driven
Red Tide
Lock & Key
Emotion Detector

I'd say that was a complete set list - hell, those songs I've picked could have really brightened up that dull first set!
Agree - great choices