R40 Spoilers

Started by Thailand Express, May 04, 2015, 23:58:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldiePete

Someone has synced a front row video of Hemispheres Prelude with a decent boot recording (which is available now on Dime).  :)

https://youtu.be/mrjWAgDKr9Q

NeilP

The Gedster is struggling to sing the early stuff isn't he, even after two shows? :-\

BaldiePete

Quote from: NeilP on May 11, 2015, 18:49:09 pm
The Gedster is struggling to sing the early stuff isn't he, even after two shows? :-\

Who cares, I don't go to Rush shows for the singing.  ::) :) His bass playing is fantastic and Alex and Neil are both playing superbly.

Nick

Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Marcel

Quote from: BaldiePete on May 11, 2015, 18:59:32 pm
Who cares, I don't go to Rush shows for the singing.  ::) :) His bass playing is fantastic and Alex and Neil are both playing superbly.

And they're playing our/my favourites.......................Between The Wheels,.. Jacob's Ladder,.. The Camera Eye,.. Hemispheres prelude,.. Cygnus X1,.. Xanadu..........and the CA songs i'm counting them as my favourites too.  ;)
"I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief,......You can call me faithless".

Fishy

Quote from: BaldiePete on May 11, 2015, 18:02:01 pm
Someone has synced a front row video of Hemispheres Prelude with a decent boot recording (which is available now on Dime).  :)

https://youtu.be/mrjWAgDKr9Q

nice apart from the singing...
From the Land of Honest Men.

DavidL

Richard_2112

Got to be honest I'm distinctly underwhelmed by that set list. Crap first set, all too obvious second set, and not really enough oomph in the encore. Would have liked to have seen representation from every album, and maybe gone a little left field with the song choices.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Nick

Just noticed the curtain in the intro has R40 on it and on the outro R40+, could it mean new stuff in the future?

Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Thailand Express

Quote from: Nick on May 11, 2015, 23:43:51 pmcould it mean new stuff in the future?

From what I've read recently they're keen to write new stuff and have no plans to call it a day. Just not touring on such a large scale anymore...

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Nick on May 11, 2015, 23:43:51 pm
Just noticed the curtain in the intro has R40 on it and on the outro R40+, could it mean new stuff in the future?

Probably more a comment that last year was R40 really.
Legend in my own Mind

DavidL

Quote from: Thailand Express on May 12, 2015, 00:02:07 am
From what I've read recently they're keen to write new stuff and have no plans to call it a day. Just not touring on such a large scale anymore...
The evidence is clearly there that Geddy's voice is just not up to singing a lot of their stuff now. I think they know that they can no longer do the old stuff justice and feel they should do the right thing by the fans. As a band and individuals, I think they are too honest to not recognise this. I sincerely hope they enjoy this tour and do not end up feeling it was one tour too far.

BaldiePete

BasspedalMan

Well I am liking the setlist and the changes will be interesting to see develop.... I'd go to two shows so far :)
Ok, I'll join in...

1981 x 1
1983 x 4
1988 x 2
1992 x 2
1996 x 2
1997 x 5
2002 x 3
2004 x 7
2007 x 7
2011 x 3
2013 x 3