Still NO Euro tour news

Started by Eugene Debs, April 18, 2015, 10:35:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on May 14, 2015, 08:58:31 am
Nah, they'll be here next year.

Aye, one last hurrah, including the new gaffs at Glasgow and Leeds.  Sack Sheffield Arena off - it's in a rubbish location.
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

Quote from: Analog Rockin' Hard on May 14, 2015, 09:49:48 am
I have no contact with Anthem at all these days. However when I did - back when I was organising Conventions - on two separate occasions Pegi said "no Europe" and then they came anyway.

I do think they will come over here in 2016, but not for the "arena tour". My gut says they'll headlining the Rambling Man Fair, then top the bill at some of the European festivals. They'd be mad not to: 3 months work (6 weeks of rehearsals, 6 weeks playing 6 to 8 shows) probably grossing c. £5m in fees plus merch sales, with set length being 90 mins tops. Plus if they have product out - live dvd/ more reissues - playing live would boost those sales. It's a quick and effective way to top up the bank account whilst not putting in the effort (logistically / physically etc) that they do on their own tours.

Whilst I don't distract from Neil's tendonitis or his desire to be with his daughter, I really don't think he would walk away from having another US$1.5m in the bank for one more summer of work.

Makes a lot of sense, broski.  Add a warm-up show in - oh, I dunno, let me think, say...Leeds?  Sounds even better.  8)
The keys to happiness

Valen

Quote from: Analog Rockin' Hard on May 14, 2015, 09:49:48 am

I do think they will come over here in 2016, but not for the "arena tour". My gut says they'll headlining the Rambling Man Fair, then top the bill at some of the European festivals.

Did they not say that their experience of headlining Sweden Rock (on the CA tour) wasn't as good as they'd hoped?

I'd prefer to see them solo and get the full show. Let's face it, if they bring the whole kit and caboodle across the water, it's hardly worth it for a handful of festivals.

Analog RH

Quote from: Valen on May 14, 2015, 09:58:20 am
Did they not say that their experience of headlining Sweden Rock (on the CA tour) wasn't as good as they'd hoped?

I'd prefer to see them solo and get the full show. Let's face it, if they bring the whole kit and caboodle across the water, it's hardly worth it for a handful of festivals.

Granted they could mix it up with some selected arena shows in key markets. Look at what Kiss are doing this summer - 16 gigs over 3 months, a mix of festivals and their own shows.

Thailand Express

May 14, 2015, 15:18:50 pm #49 Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 15:21:49 pm by Thailand Express
Quote from: Valen on May 14, 2015, 08:23:50 am
(ii) The Time Machine Tour - as I recall, the tour was only supposed to be in the US, but they had so much fun that they extended the tour the following year, inc UK dates.

I'd forgotten about that. Looking back the original length of the TM Tour was roughly the same as the current one (39 dates instead of 34, running from July-September). I'd also forgotten how close I'd come to taking the plunge and crossing the Atlantic to see the show.

I checked old emails and found the UK tour went on sale at the end of November for dates in May 2011...

Nick

Well they are filling venues at +++ prices so loads of dosh for half the amount of work. However I think it's all down to NP and seeing as the tour ends wth 2 dates in LA, on his manor, I reckon that will be it.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Thailand Express

Been reading a few peoples' comments after they've been to the gigs this week and what's struck me most is
a) The shows seem to be astonishing.
b) Most people are certain they've now seen them for the last time :(

captainkurtz

So, Geddy explicitly says in new Classic Rock interview that he wants to tour the UK and mainland Europe but it is dependant on how Alex and Neil feel.

After a break, I've no doubt they'll be back.

Decent interview actually - I had no idea that Alex had arthritis in his feet and hands and was a regular pot smoker or that Geddy has a property in London...
Anger is a gift.

NeilP

let's hope so, would be so disappointing if a no but I guess it'll depend on how Mr Daniels feels?

captainkurtz

Daniels won't block a euro tour - it's his meal ticket.
Anger is a gift.

zoony

I'm confident that we'll see RUSH again in England before they call it a day. They just wouldn't desert the loyal army of fans over here who have followed them for all these years.

Fishy

so its an England tour rather than a Uk tour then  ?
From the Land of Honest Men.

Fishy

Quote from: captainkurtz on May 19, 2015, 08:25:45 am
So, Geddy explicitly says in new Classic Rock interview that he wants to tour the UK and mainland Europe but it is dependant on how Alex and Neil feel.

After a break, I've no doubt they'll be back.

Decent interview actually - I had no idea that Alex had arthritis in his feet and hands and was a regular pot smoker or that Geddy has a property in London...

well Pearty will be a No ! so it's down to Alex....
From the Land of Honest Men.

captainkurtz

might send sro an email saying I can hook big Al up with some weed connections.
Anger is a gift.

Thailand Express

Quote from: captainkurtz on May 19, 2015, 08:25:45 am

Yes it is, very candid.  I've heard Geddy talk about his London house before, he was saying he likes coming over here to go to comedy shows and is a big fan of Stewart Lee.  I think he's also got a place in Berlin.  He did say he spends a fair amount of the year in Europe.

I knew Alex enjoyed a toke but didn't realise he had a prescription for it!

Quote from: Fishy on May 19, 2015, 10:39:43 am
so its an England tour rather than a Uk tour then  ?

;)  Doubt very much they'd cross the Atlantic and avoid Glasgow.  But if they did I'd certainly venture south...