General Election 2015

Started by Matt2112, March 18, 2015, 12:22:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Analog Rockin' Hard on March 20, 2015, 00:36:21 am
Blue.

Smaller state.
Proper support for small business, which drives our economy.
Brave enough to make the savage cuts necessary to keep us as the fastest growing economy in the G7.
A reasoned, rational approach to welfare.
No Ed Milliband. No Ed Balls.

Where's the like button?
Shame too many people have bought into Labour's client state ideals.
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

döm

Blue.

Smaller state.
Brave enough to make the savage cuts necessary to keep us as the fastest growing economy in the G7.

It's ok to be brave when you're not on the receiving end of "savage cuts"
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

Fishy

in a complete dilemma on this.. everyone of them is a c***... how do you choose...
From the Land of Honest Men.

DavidL

Blue.

Smaller state.
Good summary of why it's essential for the Tories to carry on with the job they've started.

Milliband and Balls should be put in the stocks - plonkers

döm

Quote from: DavidL on March 20, 2015, 15:00:40 pm
Good summary of why it's essential for the Tories to carry on with the job they've started.

Milliband and Balls should be put in the stocks - plonkers

Will this turn up in the UKIP manifesto  ?
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

Richard_2112

Quote from: Fishy on March 20, 2015, 12:24:03 pm
in a complete dilemma on this.. everyone of them is a c***... how do you choose...

Exactly my problem. Labour are right that the Tories can't be trusted on social things like housing and the NHS, but the thought of Miliband and Balls in charge of the country makes my skin crawl. The Green Party are more along the lines of the type of politics I believe in, but some of their stuff is also well into cloud-cuckoo land. I foolishly voted Lib Dem at the last election, and I won't be making that mistake again.

If our politicians weren't like big babies arguing tit-for-tat I'd actually like to see a national government - Labour's social policies, but with the Tories keeping the books.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Richard_2112

Quote from: Fishy on March 20, 2015, 12:24:03 pm

Exactly my problem. Labour are right that the Tories can't be trusted on social things like housing and the NHS, but the thought of Miliband and Balls in charge of the country makes my skin crawl. The Green Party are more along the lines of the type of politics I believe in, but some of their stuff is also well into cloud-cuckoo land. I foolishly voted Lib Dem at the last election, and I won't be making that mistake again. My seat could be an interesting one as it's the one currently held be George Galloway...

If our politicians weren't like big babies arguing tit-for-tat I'd actually like to see a national government - Labour's social policies, but with the Tories keeping the books.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

DavidL

Quote from: döm on March 20, 2015, 16:26:26 pm
Will this turn up in the UKIP manifesto  ?
Don't know - I'm not at all interested in what's in the UKIP manifesto.

döm

Quote from: DavidL on March 20, 2015, 21:21:11 pm
Don't know - I'm not at all interested in what's in the UKIP manifesto.

Apologies, I thought you were a card carrying member  ;)

Analog RH

Quote from: döm on March 20, 2015, 10:28:27 am
It's ok to be brave when you're not on the receiving end of "savage cuts"

But I will be on the receiving end Dom, as I am a taxpayer who uses public services. Nothing at all brave about my view, it's just pure common sense.

DavidL

Quote from: döm on March 20, 2015, 21:47:59 pm
Apologies, I thought you were a card carrying member  ;)
You've not been paying attention then, have you?  ;)

Bez

Blue.

Smaller state.

I must admit I was surprised to read this....I can see part of your point, especially around no Balls / Milliband and control on welfare - although this still has to be fir for purpose IMO , but "Savage cuts" though ?
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

döm

Quote from: Analog Rockin' Hard on March 20, 2015, 23:32:54 pm
But I will be on the receiving end Dom, as I am a taxpayer who uses public services. Nothing at all brave about my view, it's just pure common sense.

Sorry Andy, poor communication on  my part, the you I was referring to were the politicians making the decisions not yourself.

Stil I don't think there is anything particularly brave about savage cuts.

DavidL

Quote from: Bez on March 21, 2015, 11:39:18 am
I must admit I was surprised to read this....I can see part of your point, especially around no Balls / Milliband and control on welfare - although this still has to be fir for purpose IMO , but "Savage cuts" though ?
The term 'savage cuts' most definitely requires inverted commas. The public sector is still far too bloated and large cuts are required in order to end up with something that is more affordable. Obviously it is not desirable to find these savings in areas that affect the most vulnerable in society. The term 'savage' is obviously being used by the left for propaganda purposes.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: döm on March 21, 2015, 11:40:02 am
Stil I don't think there is anything particularly brave about savage cuts.

They aren't brave they are necessary.

They aren't savage, they are necessary.

Not even the Conservatives have the balls to make savage cuts.
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection