The Company Watchdog Thread

Started by Matt2112, March 06, 2015, 12:54:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

no unlimited fibre broadband  :) and also gets rid of the nasty router and open reach modem combo
From the Land of Honest Men.

Bez

Quote from: Fishy on June 30, 2015, 09:58:38 am
no unlimited fibre broadband  :) and also gets rid of the nasty router and open reach modem combo

Ah, cool, about time too...may have to investigate that when my Sky contract is up....free BT Sport as well ?
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Fishy

well it's a £5 for me thru the sky box and thru ipad/browser etc    but i think you need to go with some BT TV package to get BT sport for free...

Will need to investigate what the new BT Hub 5 can do.. may have to ditch that for something that can do VPN and static routing if it's not up to the job...

Matt2112

Just come off the phone with Scottish Power, sorting out a few formalities in the wake of the ombudsman's judgement in my favour.  All of a sudden I'm getting the, "Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir" treatment.

Funny that.  ::)
The keys to happiness

Fishy

Taking up the fight with BT now..broadband speed has been dropping continually for about the last 18months.. .When fibre went in intially (with Sky) i was getting 33Mb down 6/7 up.. checking today i'm now 18 down and about 3/4 up...Have been on to them for the past couple of months with assurances that it would be fixed... Have lodged official complaint..will see what happens next..

Fishy

After numerous calls to BT had an engineer visit who could not find a fault despite his equipment reckoning that i should get 27/28 Mb down..(i'm getting 18/19).. his best guess is something like cross talk of the cabling due to the uptake of fibre from new customers... Nice enough bloke who left me his mobile in case it drops even more... so i can avoid phoning India :)

Bez

Quote from: Fishy on November 23, 2015, 16:14:34 pm
After numerous calls to BT had an engineer visit who could not find a fault despite his equipment reckoning that i should get 27/28 Mb down..(i'm getting 18/19).. his best guess is something like cross talk of the cabling due to the uptake of fibre from new customers... Nice enough bloke who left me his mobile in case it drops even more... so i can avoid phoning India :)

No crosstalk on fibre.....he must be talking about from your house to the cabinet...? Can he try another underground pair ?
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Fishy

yes sorry from house to cabinet.. i think they are running out of capacity in the cabinet..

captainkurtz

Twitter is brilliant for embarrassing companies into pulling heir finger out...virgin media, virgin east coast, seetickets have all felt my wrath in the last few months and problems have been sorted immediately...feckers...
Anger is a gift.

Fishy

fecking BT and still it drags on... c***s

Matt2112

December 18, 2015, 18:09:40 pm #25 Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 18:11:53 pm by Matt2112
 ::) ::)

Npower to pay £26m over billing and complaint failures

QuoteOfgem said the £26m would be divided between some of the worst affected customers and charity.

The settlement is the largest yet agreed between Ofgem and a "big six" energy supplier.

Npower was fined £2m in October 2011 for a similar offence.

QuoteBiggest penalties for energy suppliers:
Npower £26m
Complaints failure. Dec 2015
E.On £12m
Broke energy sales rules. May 2014
British Gas £11.1m
Failure to insulate homes. Dec 2014
SSE £10.5m
Mis-selling. May 2013
E.On £7.75m
Overcharging customers. April 2015
E.On £7m
Smart meter failure. November 2015
British Gas £5.6m
Preventing switching. April 2014
British Gas £2.5m
Mishandling complaints. July 2011
Scottish Power £2.4m
Npower £2m
Mishandling complaints. Oct 2011
SSE £1.75m

::) ::) ::)
The keys to happiness

captainkurtz

Scottish Power trump Npower for being utter lobotomied inept useless c***s.
Anger is a gift.

Matt2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on December 18, 2015, 23:44:40 pm
Scottish Power trump Npower for being utter lobotomied inept useless c***s.

I agree, until recently.  Because recently I had a complaint against them upheld by the ombudsman on virtually every count - and, surprise, surprise, Scottish Power have actually treated me like an actual human being ever since.  And to be fair, since they had a three-month selling embargo imposed by Ofgem a while ago they have got their act together somewhat.  I'm wary all this may not necessarily last of course, but so far, so good(ish).
The keys to happiness

Fishy

Have kept with e-on again for a year.. have to say very decent company... already got an emaiil saying our credit balance will be in the bank in a few days...and the review plan is working out £50 cheapr a month...

zoony

Vodafone have been top of the table for complaints against them for well over a year now.