Pre-sale today?

Started by Chris Quartly, January 23, 2015, 15:25:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldiePete

I'm actually going to be in Canada, near Niagara on holiday (booked it months ago) when they are playing in Toronto but will not be going to any of the gigs. Plans have been made and hotels booked and I'm not going to change that  and inconvenience myself (or Anne, who would hate the gig). If I'd actually been in Toronto when they were playing I'd have got a ticket but I'm not going to go out of my way and create a lot of hassle for myself when we are supposed to be on holiday.

Having said that, I expect I'll go to a few gigs if they do come over here later this year, or next year.

Nick

Will be dissapointed if they don't come over but it doesn't look likely to me. I may be lucky with work travel and sneak a US date in but that's down to chance. I can't imagine going to see Rush at a festival, in fact i don't think i would go even if they announced it. It seems to have been a strain for them to put the 34 dates together, their hearts aren't in it anymore, probably quite natural after all their years of touring, no complaints it's just how it is.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

pdw1

I find this all very worrying: Jonners talking sense and ARH being sensible.
Is this the end of TNMS as we know it?
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Jonners on January 27, 2015, 10:16:01 am
I presume it will be a case of look at ticket sales/margins/profits, then decide if Europe is viable at a slightly later date

While it was a good gig by all accounts, I presume they don't want another half full Sheffield

Depends. At the prices Rush charge they can probably still make profit playing in half full arenas. Sheffield can be set up in a half arena setup, they'd sell it out then! 
They reckon half of the last run of US dates were only about half sold, they're playing there again.

And people who have money deserve the right to spend vast wads of dosh to acquire the best seats in the house and a bag of tat. Can't afford it? Then get a better job with more pay and you're OK you lowlife piece of filth.
Legend in my own Mind

Analog RH

Quote from: pdw1 on January 27, 2015, 23:43:48 pm
I find this all very worrying: Jonners talking sense and ARH being sensible.
Is this the end of TNMS as we know it?

I've been called many things in my time - but sensible ain't one of 'em!

Analog RH

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on January 28, 2015, 00:28:34 am

And people who have money deserve the right to spend vast wads of dosh to acquire the best seats in the house and a bag of tat. Can't afford it? Then get a better job with more pay and you're OK you lowlife piece of filth.

Supply and demand is a bitch eh?

Now maybe if I was an accountant.........

Bez

Quote from: Analog Rockin' Hard on January 28, 2015, 01:19:33 am
Supply and demand is a bitch eh?

Now maybe if I was an accountant.........

As I'm very fond of reminding my accountant friend, the word "c***" is contained within the job description....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Matt2112

Quote from: Bez on January 28, 2015, 08:51:21 am
As I'm very fond of reminding my accountant friend, the word "c***" is contained within the job description....

So are "con act".  ::) ;)
The keys to happiness

Jonners

Quote from: Bez on January 28, 2015, 08:51:21 am

Count?  That's what they do though isn't it?
The new songs are an abomination

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Jonners on January 28, 2015, 10:18:02 am
Count?  That's what they do though isn't it?

In some respects. But we can order numbers in new and exciting ways, and get rich in  the process - until we get rumbled...
Legend in my own Mind

zoony

£100 is the most that I'll pay for a ticket if they do come to England again. Any more than that and it'll be thanks for the fantastic memories.

Jonners

Quote from: zoony on January 29, 2015, 17:47:09 pm
£100 is the most that I'll pay for a ticket if they do come to England again. Any more than that and it'll be thanks for the fantastic memories.

I had that figure in mind myself big feller, and I do also have some fantastic memories, but I am still struggling to think the ticket could costs 10x more than my first Rush Gig in 1988

Then again, Im starting to think I may be a complete hypocrite, as I have tickets for the Rugby World cup final, and they were definitely more than £100

Matt2112

January 29, 2015, 18:04:43 pm #57 Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 18:13:42 pm by Matt2112
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on January 28, 2015, 21:11:33 pm
In some respects. But we can order numbers in new and exciting ways, and get rich in  the process - until we get rumbled...

You are Bernie Madoff and I claim my £5,000,000...back.

The keys to happiness

Matt2112

Quote from: Jonners on January 29, 2015, 17:59:31 pmI had that figure in mind myself big feller, and I do also have some fantastic memories, but I am still struggling to think the ticket could costs 10x more than my first Rush Gig in 1988

Look at it this way - would you pay £100 to live that HYF tour experience at Birmingham NEC over again?  Course you would!  So would I...!!  So imagine the £100 for this tour was for the HYF gig, and the tenner you paid back then is for this year's gig.  Problem solved!  ;D

QuoteThen again, Im starting to think I may be a complete hypocrite, as I have tickets for the Rugby World cup final, and they were definitely more than £100

That is more of a one-off event, to be fair. :)
The keys to happiness

Jonners

I would pay £100 definitely for the HYF experience again

Never has a DVD/Video done a concert such an injustice as ASOH.

From a sonically outstanding gig, with bass pedals and drums that nearly made me have a rectal prolapse, and a light and video production that was second to none, they turned it into a snooze fest where the PA sounded like a Bontempi girls first keyboard, and where it looks like they had cleaned the camera lenses with used Vaseline.