Author Topic: Pre-sale today?  (Read 9287 times)

captainkurtz

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • blah, blah, blah, whatever.
Re: Pre-sale today?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2015, 20:59:03 PM »
A fortnight ago, Peart was saying he hadn't made his mind up because he felt guilty about being a crap dad....

Show them the money!
Anger is a gift.

NeilP

• TNMS Member
  • here comes the sun....
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2015, 23:43:58 PM »
that R40 drum kit at NAMM was hastily put together then ;)

Fishy

• TNMS Member
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2015, 09:36:47 AM »
any Ayr dates  announced yet  ?
From the Land of Honest Men.

Nick

• TNMS Member
  • You lookin' at me?
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2015, 10:54:50 AM »
I heard 2 dates at the Ayr Canada Centre, i might of misheard though.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 09:27:28 AM »
Very, very pricey tickets for a band in fairly steep decline both popularity and musical wise

The end is nigh I feel, one last pay cheque
The new songs are an abomination

PB

• TNMS Member
  • Cmon the hoops!
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 09:36:32 AM »
Very, very pricey tickets for a band in fairly steep decline both popularity and musical wise

The end is nigh I feel, one last pay cheque

As long as that pay cheque is picked up after a UK tour, I for one don't mind ;D

Thailand Express

• TNMS Member
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 12:38:04 PM »

Agree with you about the ticket prices but I'd contest the popularity statement, particularly in North America....

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 13:38:29 PM »
Agree with you about the ticket prices but I'd contest the popularity statement, particularly in North America....

Figures on the last tour well down, its the "probably the last hurrah" syndrome keeping the numbers respectable I think

Captain Ron

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Intense? Who? Me? ..... Thanks Geddy! :)
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 14:27:58 PM »
Here's a radical thought. They might be good band with fans who like their music. No?
"I was brought up to believe" (but never to leave beer)

captainkurtz

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2015, 14:47:07 PM »
If numbers were down on the last tour, then Mr Daniels is a feckwit for charging these prices...

At least so something different, smaller venues, premium prices, support band, changing setlist, etc.

Fat chance, too much effort.
Anger is a gift.

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2015, 14:59:24 PM »
Here's a radical thought. They might be good band with fans who like their music. No?

There is simply no need to charge prices like that,Im not interested in an argument about declining CD sales, pirating, market forces etc

its too much, as there is little doubt that this will be a final farewell, so people will feel obliged to shell out or miss out

I find it all a bit tasteless to be frank, you have NP quoted in the last few days about the uncertainty of going out again due to his daughter and family, motivations etc, then someone in management has quoted some revenue projections, and  pictures of an R40 drumkit miraculously appear.

They may indeed have once been a good band, and I have no issue with people clinging on to that fact.

captainkurtz

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2015, 16:23:49 PM »
They're cynicslly exploiting the fans - and yes, I will be doing 4-5 shows if they come over...

At least make it worthwhile - invite VIP's to the soundcheck, meet and greet, etc.

It doesn't wash that they don't want to charge people the privilege of having a photo op but have no qualms about charging over $400 to sit in the first 10 rows...
Anger is a gift.

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2015, 21:18:32 PM »
If numbers were down on the last tour, then Mr Daniels is a feckwit for charging these prices...

At least so something different, smaller venues, premium prices, support band, changing setlist, etc.

Fat chance, too much effort.
I agree. I can't help feeling they're shooting themselves in the foot with sky-high ticket prices. I'm a bit over the Rush live experience, to be honest and if a lot of other fans feel the same we can expect half-full venues.
At least the last tour had a completely different presentation in terms of the string section - I can't see this tour as anything other than 'same old, same old'. Smaller venues would have been a great experience with a lot of the older stuff that Geddy could still manage, even if de-tuned somewhat.
Also, unless they're feverishly working on a new song or two, there will be nothing new to play - expect all the standards and few surprises.

Thailand Express

• TNMS Member
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2015, 23:45:06 PM »
I agree. I can't help feeling they're shooting themselves in the foot with sky-high ticket prices. I'm a bit over the Rush live experience, to be honest and if a lot of other fans feel the same we can expect half-full venues.

unless they're feverishly working on a new song or two, there will be nothing new to play - expect all the standards and few surprises.

According to the interview in Prog, Neil wants to do Hand Over Fist and Presto.  That'll get them packed to the rafters.....

Fishy

• TNMS Member
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 05:43:58 AM »
thats refreshing in as much that Neil actually wants to do something...  pity he's picked a couple of naff songs right enough...
From the Land of Honest Men.