2015 Tour Announced on Rush.com

Started by Bez, January 22, 2015, 06:57:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Ron

Looks iincreasingly likely that work commitments have put paid to any plans to get Stateside for any gigs this time around. :( Just have to keep fingers crossed for a European leg announcement for Spring 2016.
"I was brought up to believe" (but never to leave beer)

Jonners

Fingers crossed for you Ronners me old mucker

I have a sneaking suspicion there are going to be a lot of very disappointed European fans out there though

Ticket sales brisk but not outstanding for the US I read somewhere recently
The new songs are an abomination

captainkurtz

Quote from: Jonners on March 04, 2015, 12:57:24 pm
I have a sneaking suspicion there are going to be a lot of very disappointed European fans out there though

Yeah.  I don't think Geddy's vocals will be up to much, either...
Anger is a gift.

Matt2112

Whatever - I want to do a Stalker Tour!  8)
The keys to happiness

Captain Ron

Quote from: Matt2112 on March 04, 2015, 14:11:36 pm
Whatever - I want to do a Stalker Tour!  8)

You need to. To get over that horrid Libertines exposure.  ;D
"I was brought up to believe" (but never to leave beer)

Valen

"Faith manages..."

If this really is their last long-haul shout, I'm sure they'll come to Europe one last time, just not this year.

I'd rather play the waiting game and see the band over here at full strength on their touring terms, rather than the band trying to cram in Euro dates before the end of the year but being too knackered to do them justice.

Matt2112

Quote from: Captain Ron on March 04, 2015, 16:29:48 pm
You need to. To get over that horrid Libertines exposure.  ;D

Two nights enjoying Dublin's finest hostelries will have to do. ;D
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

Pricing things up.  It's tantalizingly at the very extreme outer fringes of feasibility.  Really must stop this.  :-\
The keys to happiness

Dave64K

March 13, 2015, 17:42:32 pm #23 Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 17:44:46 pm by Dave64K
This looks gloomy but maybe Ray just trying to boost ticket sales?

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-03-12/rush-manage-us-tour-final-possible-probable

On a more positive note perhaps Rush at the Brixton Academy in 2018 might pop up  ;D

http://www.teamrock.com/news/2015-02-23/rush-have-to-slow-down-geddy-lee
How could you expect me to live without you? One cannot become accustomed to the loss of happiness.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

döm

Quote from: Dave64K on March 13, 2015, 17:42:32 pm
This looks gloomy but maybe Ray just trying to boost ticket sales?

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-03-12/rush-manage-us-tour-final-possible-probable

On a more positive note perhaps Rush at the Brixton Academy in 2018 might pop up  ;D

http://www.teamrock.com/news/2015-02-23/rush-have-to-slow-down-geddy-lee

From that 2nd article.  Politicians answer if ever I saw one...

"It's clear we are at a point in our career that we have to slow down, and slow down dramatically. I'm not a guy who's in love with the farewell tour idea - but it's clear this is going to be the last big tour we're going to do, for a while anyway."
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Red Star

They need to come out and be honest with their fans and tell it how it is. If they have no intention of the tour coming to Europe then they need to say so, that way people can make informed decisions. It's very unfair of them to make us all keep second guessing and having to read between the lines, the fans deserve better than that.
You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...

captainkurtz

I don't see how a 2 week European tour is going to tire them out.  And I can't believe they won't make the requisite packet, either.

Or, smaller venues and charge a premium.  Never happen, though.
Anger is a gift.

Nick

It's over for us, no way will they tour over here again. Enjoy the memories, they gave us a great run for our money.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Norwegian

Quote from: Red Star on March 16, 2015, 07:49:23 am
They need to come out and be honest with their fans and tell it how it is. If they have no intention of the tour coming to Europe then they need to say so, that way people can make informed decisions. It's very unfair of them to make us all keep second guessing and having to read between the lines, the fans deserve better than that.
+1
"Information does not kill you" - FZ

Fishy

Quote from: captainkurtz on March 16, 2015, 08:25:09 am
I don't see how a 2 week European tour is going to tire them out. 

Cos they're old and Peart can't be arsed... and without any new material in the offing..i can't see it happening..
From the Land of Honest Men.