Simple Pleasure of the Day - 79

Started by Chris Quartly, December 18, 2014, 22:14:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

captainkurtz

Mooching about on Amazon and stumbled on the first Rage Against The Machine deluxe rerelease for £35.  Been after it for awhile but too tight to pay £75ish it normally retails for.  The Finsbury Park dvd alone is amazing.
Anger is a gift.

Chris Quartly

I was at that show, they were incredible!
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

captainkurtz

A couple of my pals were too...I bailed as I was flying back from a Barcelona stag do the day of the show...actually one of the friends that went and who is a regular gig buddy went straight from the airport...one of the shows I really regret not going to - Morrello frequently confirms it as his favourite Rage gig...
Anger is a gift.

Matt2112

So enjoying Chrimbo and the time off work and all that!  And what seemed was going to be a pain-in-the-arse Boxing Day trip way up to Gateshead to see t'Shaymen int freezing cold actually was made great by some nice text-banter with a certain Tyneside TNMSer and witnessing a cracking game of football where we brought back a point...to a snowbound Happyfax.  I love Chrimbo, me. :)
The keys to happiness

captainkurtz

It the words of the late, great Jeff Buckley - 'Lover, you should have come over'.....
Anger is a gift.

JonL

Maybe seeing Gateshead was enough of a snapshot of the NE.
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

captainkurtz

And just purchased Fleetwood Mac's deluxe Rumours for £33.00.  You can never have enough copies of Rumours.
Anger is a gift.

JonL

Quote from: captainkurtz on December 27, 2014, 09:30:49 am
And just purchased Fleetwood Mac's deluxe Rumours for £33.00.  You can never have enough copies of Rumours.

I know the hits, but I don't really know a Rumours very well at all.
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

Matt2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on December 27, 2014, 08:56:00 am
It the words of the late, great Jeff Buckley - 'Lover, you should have come over'.....

;D  :-*
The keys to happiness

pdw1

Bit late but
family using my amazon wishlist to buy me presents rather than getting me the usual crap
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

captainkurtz

It's been a nice few days.  Kids happy, quality time together, wife looking gorgeous constantly, great food, lots of smiles.  Lovely.
Anger is a gift.

Matt2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on December 27, 2014, 21:14:21 pm
It's been a nice few days.  Kids happy, quality time together, wife looking gorgeous constantly, great food, lots of smiles.  Lovely.

Nice to know I was within 5 miles of that.  :)
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

Game on at The Shay after a bunch of hardy and heroic volunteers rocked up at 7am to help clear the pitch.  Couldn't make it myself due to enjoying last night too much.  ::) ;)
The keys to happiness

Chris Quartly

Back from a nice week in New Hampshire. Played with cats, treated myself to a CD haul and some scotch (18yo Highland Park, my absolute favourite) and ate pretty well. Off work until Friday.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

NeilP

A meet up with Nicola B and hubby at a local Wirral hostelry... pity there was a sh*te band on but still good to catch up... see you soon, in your manor! ;)