New Steven Wilson Album

Started by BaldiePete, October 05, 2014, 19:34:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldiePete

Oor Wullie

Will check this out when I get home from work tonight.  Cheers Pete.
Glasgow - 15/4/1992
London - 8/9/2004
London - 9/9/2004
Birmingham - 11/9/2004
Manchester - 12/9/2004
Glasgow - 14/9/2004
Glasgow - 3/10/2007
Newcastle - 5/10/2007
Sheffield - 6/10/2007
Dublin - 12/5/2011
Glasgow - 14/5/2011
Newcastle - 21/5/2011
Manchester - 22/5/2013
Glasgow - 30/5/2013

JonL

The rhythm guitar part at the start reminded me of Xanadu a little.
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

Jonners

The new songs are an abomination

Richard_2112

Now that sounds much more like it! Really disliked all his solo stuff up until now but this sounds more Porcupine Tree-esque
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Presto-digitation

Raven was the first of his solo albums that I liked a lot and this sounds pretty exciting to me.  I really like his band mates...

Captain Ron

Fantastic news. Feb 2015 release. Right in deep winter. Deluxe version with free set of razor blades no doubt. :)
"I was brought up to believe" (but never to leave beer)

BaldiePete

Steven Wilson has teamed up with Mariusz Duda of Riverside to release a download only new track called The Old Peace to raise funds for cancer charities in memory of a young fan who died last summer, aged just 26.

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/the-old-peace-in-memory-of-alec-wildey/

It's probably not to everyone on here's taste but I like it a lot - a reflective, mostly acoustic track with some  lovely mellotron. Very reminiscent of Duda's Lunatic Soul albums.

DavidL

Quote from: BaldiePete on October 05, 2014, 19:34:23 pm
Preview and short interview. Sounds good :)

http://youtu.be/dlHxl5Q3pIA
Thanks for posting this Pete. Loved 'Raven' and have high hopes for this too. So pleased this features Guthrie once more as his playing on Raven was great.

Agree with JonL about the Xanadu link - no bad thing.

hygge

Quote from: Richard_2112 on October 07, 2014, 00:29:07 am
Now that sounds much more like it! Really disliked all his solo stuff up until now but this sounds more Porcupine Tree-esque

Not too impressed by his solo work so far but this sounds really promising. Loved the 'pop tune'.  :)
2004-Glasgow SECC
2004-Globe Arena Row 1 (Lerxst)
2007-Glasgow SECC Row 2
2007-Newcastle Row 1 (Geddy)
2007-Sheffield Row 11
2007-Oslo Row 14
2007-Globe Arena Row 3 (Lerxst)
2011-Globe Arena Row 1 (Lerxst)
2011-Malmö Row 6
2011-Dublin Standing
2011-Glasgow Row 1 (Lerxst)

Jonners

It has taken me a while to "get" his solo work, but the Raven is a thing of beauty

On the special release version, there is a disc of demos, which I actually think are better than the final versions

Fishy

yes ..have to say never got on with any of the PT stuff but the solo album Raven is very good...
From the Land of Honest Men.

Jonners

....falls off chair in shock.....

Captain Ron

He's into prog jazz Jonners. Raven will be right up his jazz odyssey street. Not enough woodwind in PT for Fishy methinks. :)
"I was brought up to believe" (but never to leave beer)

Jonners

Quote from: Captain Ron on November 04, 2014, 15:58:20 pm
He's into prog jazz Jonners. Raven will be right up his jazz odyssey street. Not enough woodwind in PT for Fishy methinks. :)

hmmmmm

I tend to listen to the demos version mostly now, its really, really good!