Annoyance of the Day - 69

Started by Dixkot, August 19, 2014, 11:56:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Woriboutchu

Quote from: DavidL on November 19, 2020, 22:35:30 pmYes indeed. And what about all those statues promoting the male appendage? Pull them all down, I say!
Pull them off. All of them. Off their plinths, now!

Anna Woriboutchu

Quote from: Anna Woriboutchu on November 19, 2020, 23:12:46 pmPull them off. All of them. Off their plinths, now!
Apologies. Frankie Howerd has now left the building.

pdw1

Quote from: Anna Woriboutchu on November 20, 2020, 00:05:33 amApologies. Frankie Howerd has now left the building.
Hacked your account from beyond the grave.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Matt2112

Quote from: DavidL on November 19, 2020, 22:35:30 pmYes indeed. And what about all those statues promoting the male appendage? Pull them all down, I say!
We have a bit of a collection from our Hellenic travels. Apollo leaves nothing to the imagination, Aphrodite covers most but not all of her modesty with her flowing long hair, Zeus has a strategically placed leafy codpiece and we also have a fairly sizeable Spartan helmet.

Makes for a great background on Zoom...
The keys to happiness

Anna Woriboutchu

Quote from: Matt2112 on November 20, 2020, 01:30:46 amWe have a bit of a collection from our Hellenic travels. Apollo leaves nothing to the imagination, Aphrodite covers most but not all of her modesty with her flowing long hair, Zeus has a strategically placed leafy codpiece and we also have a fairly sizeable Spartan helmet.

Makes for a great background on Zoom...
Nothing beats Toy Hughes' background on Youtube playing his amazing bass covers. Until I discovered him and Tim Starace, I believed that Geddy was an alien from another world, as no human could ever perform those antics on the bass guitar. Turns out there are three aliens on Earth and they all play bass. How weird!

Ricky4001

I have had my employee impact meeting at work.  I am in a pool of 8 people with 7 surplus to requirements.  I'll find out next week what sort of termination date I could expect if I am not the lucky retained head.  Additionally, all 7 of the surplus employees will be expected to help organise the transition to the new location.

Plus, the circulation pump on the OFCH packed in last night.  We're getting a conversion to gas on 21/12.  Electric bill due to soar for a few weeks.
Wembley 1988<br />Birmingham 1992 x2<br />Birmingham 2004<br />Manchester 2007<br />Dublin 2011 yay!<br />Birmingham 2013

The Letter R

Quote from: Ricky4001 on November 20, 2020, 11:39:59 amI have had my employee impact meeting at work.  I am in a pool of 8 people with 7 surplus to requirements.  I'll find out next week what sort of termination date I could expect if I am not the lucky retained head.  Additionally, all 7 of the surplus employees will be expected to help organise the transition to the new location.

Plus, the circulation pump on the OFCH packed in last night.  We're getting a conversion to gas on 21/12.  Electric bill due to soar for a few weeks.
Fingers crossed for you mate.

captainkurtz

£2k to fix van clutch and a few other issues they 'found'
Van seems to now be a lot noisier, albeit it's driving fine.  
Going back in next week.  Annoying waste of time.
Anger is a gift.

zoony

SKY Q remote has stopped working on the volume, and on and off controls on our TV, but it is working on all the features of the box? Phoned them last night, and they have sent a new control out, which arrived this morning. I'm at work, but my daughter just phoned me to say that this one isn't working on the same controls as well! Do they have to be synced with your TV on the box settings or something?

Nick

Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

zoony

zoony

Quote from: zoony on November 21, 2020, 17:56:53 pmCheers mate, I will try that when I get home.
Yep, it worked, and I now have a spare controller as both of them are now paired up with the TV.

Nick

Can't believe Sky sent you another remote, it's something they could have easily fixed over the phone.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

zoony

Quote from: Nick on November 22, 2020, 17:31:36 pmCan't believe Sky sent you another remote, it's something they could have easily fixed over the phone.
I can be very persuasive and demanding over the phone mate 😉.

captainkurtz

Anger is a gift.