Annoyance of the Day - 69

Started by Dixkot, August 19, 2014, 11:56:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Didn't Priti Patel do this already by threatening to starve the Irish?

https://www.joe.ie/news/theresa-may-priti-patel-651474
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Chris Quartly

Quote from: Slim on September 09, 2020, 13:37:21 pmEU scum are enemies of our country

What is the point of labeling people as scum? It comes across as small minded and bigoted. Regardless of how anyone feels about a different group of people, I would suggest there are more civil ways to aid discussion.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

zoony

Our router is on the way out, unable to get wi-fi since around 5pm yesterday. Phoned them this morning and they're sending their latest one out in the next 1-2 days

zoony

Look After my bills making a right feck up with my latest energy switch. On the phone to them again in the morning to try and shake their feathers.

DavidL

The BBC. 
Whilst failing to maintain the free licence for over 75s, they raise Zoe Ball's salary by £900K!!! They really are completely and utterly out of touch with the people that fund them. Remind me, just what is Zoe Ball's talent?

Bez

Quote from: DavidL on September 16, 2020, 09:18:24 amThe BBC.
Whilst failing to maintain the free licence for over 75s, they raise Zoe Ball's salary by £900K!!! They really are completely and utterly out of touch with the people that fund them. Remind me, just what is Zoe Ball's talent?
She's taken on the Radio2 breakfast show and, by all accounts, made a success of it.

The rise will be in line with what a man would have got for doing the same role....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Matt2112

September 16, 2020, 10:38:05 am #2691 Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 10:40:55 am by Matt2112
Quote from: Bez on September 16, 2020, 10:00:39 amShe's taken on the Radio2 breakfast show and, by all accounts, made a success of it.

The rise will be in line with what a man would have got for doing the same role....
That would make them both hideously overpaid with tax-payers' money, and purely for the sake of the appearance of  "political correctness".  If there's going to be parity at that level, then how about reducing the men's salaries.
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on September 16, 2020, 10:38:05 amThat would make them both hideously overpaid with tax-payers' money, and purely for the sake of the appearance of  "political correctness".  If there's going to be parity at that level, then how about reducing the men's salaries.
Point taken...

the BBC would argue that it's a competitive market and in order to aquire the best talent they need to pay the "going rate" Lineaker would be their example...

The crisp eater has taken a £400k per year pay cut on his new 5 year contract

Baby steps.
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Bisto

Quote from: Bez on September 16, 2020, 10:50:16 amPoint taken...

the BBC would argue that it's a competitive market and in order to aquire the best talent they need to pay the "going rate" Lineaker would be their example...

Baby steps.

For the life of me I cannot see the appeal of Lineker
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

DavidL

Quote from: Bez on September 16, 2020, 10:00:39 amShe's taken on the Radio2 breakfast show and, by all accounts, made a success of it.

She's lost nearly a million listeners

DavidL

Quote from: Bez on September 16, 2020, 10:50:16 amPoint taken...

Baby steps.
He'll probably be recouping that in government payments for housing illegal immigrants

Matt2112

Quote from: DavidL on September 16, 2020, 12:01:46 pmHe'll probably be recouping that in government payments for housing illegal immigrants
Apparently the new Director General at the BBC has advised Lineker to lay off the overtly political tweets.  With the application of common sense regarding songs performed at the Proms, it looks like this guy is actually trying to correct the last few years of BBC over-corrections.
The keys to happiness

döm

Quote from: Matt2112 on September 16, 2020, 15:15:15 pmApparently the new Director General at the BBC has advised Lineker to lay off the overtly political tweets.  With the application of common sense regarding songs performed at the Proms, it looks like this guy is actually trying to correct the last few years of BBC over-corrections.
I really warmed to Lineker with his recent tweet output over the last few years.  I can understand how it would have had the opposite effect for many on here.  I suppose the harm is that he gives more ammunition for those who believe that the BBC is a left wing organisation that poses a threat to their hard fought freedoms
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

DavidL

Quote from: Matt2112 on September 16, 2020, 15:15:15 pmApparently the new Director General at the BBC has advised Lineker to lay off the overtly political tweets.  With the application of common sense regarding songs performed at the Proms, it looks like this guy is actually trying to correct the last few years of BBC over-corrections.
Yes, he's been warned, although the virtue-signalling goal-hanger couldn't resist having a pop on twitter about his new contract:

"Oh dear, thoughts are with the haters at this difficult time"

The straggly-chinned plonker just can't wind his neck in, can he?

döm

Quote from: DavidL on September 16, 2020, 16:06:30 pmYes, he's been warned, although the virtue-signalling goal-hanger couldn't resist having a pop on twitter about his new contract:

"Oh dear, thoughts are with the haters at this difficult time"

The straggly-chinned plonker just can't wind his neck in, can he?
It seems to be generating the desired effect ! ;D
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid