Annoyance of the Day - 69

Started by Dixkot, August 19, 2014, 11:56:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rufus the dawg

I had my car serviced 3 weeks ago and tyres were all fine. Just taken it back to have the oil and filter change on the DSG gearbox and I need a new tyre. My car is illegal to drive. Massive gash down the inside wall the the front nearside.

The problem main dealers is that their tyre prices are crazy.

The road where I live especially in Shropshire are in a dreadful state. Austerity for you. That is three tyres in 1 year, f**ked because the roads are not maintained properly, and the CONservative party.

pdw1

Quote from: rufus the dawg on October 03, 2019, 15:31:57 pmI had my car serviced 3 weeks ago and tyres were all fine. Just taken it back to have the oil and filter change on the DSG gearbox and I need a new tyre. My car is illegal to drive. Massive gash down the inside wall the the front nearside.

The road where I live especially in Shropshire are in a dreadful state. Austerity for you. That is three tyres in 1 year, f**ked because the roads are not maintained properly, and the CONservative party.
I blame brexit personally.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

zoony

Quote from: rufus the dawg on October 03, 2019, 15:31:57 pmI had my car serviced 3 weeks ago and tyres were all fine. Just taken it back to have the oil and filter change on the DSG gearbox and I need a new tyre. My car is illegal to drive. Massive gash down the inside wall the the front nearside.

If you live in or around Shrewsbury, the roads aren't as bad, as that's where all the money is spent. You should see them around where I live!

BasspedalMan

I now buy part worn tyres with 6mm tread on them from ebay. The draconian rules in Germany mean that there is a healthy supply and my local Tyre Centre fits them and balances them for £12.50 a corner. Rear tyres for my car would be anything between £275 to £350 each so getting decent part-worn ones for £80/£90 is a godsend....
Ok, I'll join in...

1981 x 1
1983 x 4
1988 x 2
1992 x 2
1996 x 2
1997 x 5
2002 x 3
2004 x 7
2007 x 7
2011 x 3
2013 x 3

Nick

I stupidly got a car with low profile tyres..£250 each!!!! to change.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: zoony on October 03, 2019, 18:17:17 pmIf you live in or around Shrewsbury, the roads aren't as bad, as that's where all the money is spent. You should see them around where I live!
The road down from Shrewsbury to Bishops castle is horrendous also. The A49 is not that bad though

rufus the dawg

Quote from: pdw1 on October 03, 2019, 16:37:46 pmI blame brexit personally.
You might, I blame the austerity. which caused brexit, crikey lets not start that. anyway

Buggered roads early xplosions in tyres.

BasspedalMan

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2019, 19:19:26 pmI stupidly got a car with low profile tyres..£250 each!!!! to change.

I feel your pain........ Try Ebay for good part worn. I only ever go for Pirelli, Bridgestone, Dunlop etc. My car had Bridgestone Dueller tyres specified from new apparently so I have stuck with those.
Ok, I'll join in...

1981 x 1
1983 x 4
1988 x 2
1992 x 2
1996 x 2
1997 x 5
2002 x 3
2004 x 7
2007 x 7
2011 x 3
2013 x 3

zoony

Our CO-OP was held up at knife point last night. Sad state of affairs when this kind of thing happens in your village 😕.

zoony

The fact that it wasn't our shifts syndicate that won that £170m Euromillions jackpot last night.

Nick

Did a couple of euromillion lines yesterday as well, woke up to the 6am radio news and heard "lucky U.K. lottery winner" and just for a second thought "please" , unsurprisingly upon checking I'm still in the day job.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: rufus the dawg on October 04, 2019, 22:58:10 pmYou might, I blame the austerity. which caused brexit, crikey lets not start that. anyway

There has been no recent austerity, neither did it cause Brexit.
Ask those who live through real austerity - WWII and immediately post war - what austerity is and why it has no bearing on Brexit. Thank you.
Legend in my own Mind

Matt2112

Quote from: Nick on October 09, 2019, 19:35:54 pmDid a couple of euromillion lines yesterday as well, woke up to the 6am radio news and heard "lucky U.K. lottery winner" and just for a second thought "please" , unsurprisingly upon checking I'm still in the day job.
The chance of matching all seven numbers is over 150,000,000/1; at £2.50 a pop the winner has actually been vastly short-changed - if it was me I'd be well pissed off.

;)
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

Dyson vacuum cleaners. They look snazzy but are actually sh!te vacuum cleaners.  ::)
The keys to happiness

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Matt2112 on October 11, 2019, 20:09:59 pmDyson vacuum cleaners. They look snazzy but are actually sh!te vacuum cleaners.  ::)
So, do Dysons suck?
Legend in my own Mind