• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.
June 26, 2019, 03:23:09 am

Annoyance of the Day - 69

Started by Dixkot, August 19, 2014, 10:56:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL

Received a new copy of Aerosmith's Pump on vinyl from Amazon. Unfortunately it's shaped like a dinner plate and the the label is the only part that makes contact with the TT platter when playing side two.
Hopefully the replacement is better.

BasspedalMan

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on May 14, 2019, 23:33:21 pm
[quote author=BasspedalMan link=topic=35462.msg1262775#msg1262775 date=155785690 Got to get on my bike seriously this summer!!!

On yer bike Jon!

I wouldn't bother, it ends up costing a fortune. You may end up with the physique of a racing snake, but you get hooked on buying bikes, you always need n+1 where n is the number of bikes you currently have. Then you get tempted by a new saddle for £500 because it weighs 1 gram less than your current saddle and you just KNOW that that 1 gram difference will turn you into a Grand Tour winner. Yet you'd save more weight by giving your toenails a good trim...

Cycling's helped me lose four stone :) , but many more pounds :(

I love you Nick, always looking at the positives. I managed to bag myself a Specialized Crosstrail off ebay 18 months old for only £275.00. It's an ace bit of kit but the saddle was like a razor-blade so I chopped that in for something designed for humans. I'm not into 5mm wide wheels and aerodynamically designed elbow pads so can only see myself spending money on some panniers so I can take a picnic with me :)

If you've lost four stone you must be all sinew mate :)
Ok, I'll join in...

1981 x 1
1983 x 4
1988 x 2
1992 x 2
1996 x 2
1997 x 5
2002 x 3
2004 x 7
2007 x 7
2011 x 3
2013 x 3

Slim

Quote from: rufus the dawg on May 08, 2019, 10:00:16 am

If you are interested in the huawei here is some background. Thatcher and her cronies at it again. CONservatives are truly repugnant.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/08/britain-huawei-general-electric-company-thatcherism

Genuinely an imbecilic remark. Without Conservatism and the Conservative Party this country would have turned into a third world slum some time in the '80s.

Slim

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on May 14, 2019, 23:33:21 pm

On yer bike Jon!

I wouldn't bother, it ends up costing a fortune. You may end up with the physique of a racing snake, but you get hooked on buying bikes, you always need n+1 where n is the number of bikes you currently have. Then you get tempted by a new saddle for £500 because it weighs 1 gram less than your current saddle and you just KNOW that that 1 gram difference will turn you into a Grand Tour winner. Yet you'd save more weight by giving your toenails a good trim...

Cycling's helped me lose four stone :) , but many more pounds :(

Have you really lost four stone? Nice one. You're not wrong about bikes, they're very moreish. But what I really need is a support car to take the weight of my bike pump, spare inner tube and flapjacks.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: BasspedalMan on May 17, 2019, 18:22:04 pm
If you've lost four stone you must be all sinew mate :)

I've got arms like pipe cleaners. legs like twigs and buns of steel! :)
Legend in my own Mind

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Slim on May 17, 2019, 20:49:34 pm

Have you really lost four stone? Nice one.

I'd actually lost 3 stone before I started cycling, by cutting out chocolate digestives and midweek beer.
Cycling got rid of the rest - and I've resumed my chocolate digestive habit big time :)

Legend in my own Mind

DavidL

Quote from: DavidL on May 16, 2019, 07:17:52 am
Received a new copy of Aerosmith's Pump on vinyl from Amazon. Unfortunately it's shaped like a dinner plate and the the label is the only part that makes contact with the TT platter when playing side two.
Hopefully the replacement is better.
It's not! Just the same, faulty batch. I've now got two to return  >:(

Slim

Hartlepool failed to win the Eurovision Song Contest.

Matt2112

May 20, 2019, 21:04:25 pm #1883 Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 21:55:31 pm by Matt2112
The rabid shadenfraude of certain folk when campaigning political candidates with whom they virulently disagree get assaulted in the street.

What happened to, you know, humiliation via robust discourse?  Or are they not capable..?  :-\

EDIT: Oh, and when they've finished throwing milkshakes over those white men in suits they consider to be extremist bigots with nasty ideologies, perhaps they can then move on to those unabashed homophobes protesting outside schools who threaten and harass teaching staff for trying to teach the national curriculum? 

No?  Thought not.  ::) 
The keys to happiness

döm

May 20, 2019, 22:54:48 pm #1884 Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 23:25:24 pm by döm
Quote from: Matt2112 on May 20, 2019, 21:04:25 pm
The rabid shadenfraude of certain folk when campaigning political candidates with whom they virulently disagree get assaulted in the street.

What happened to, you know, humiliation via robust discourse?  Or are they not capable..?  :-\

EDIT: Oh, and when they've finished throwing milkshakes over those white men in suits they consider to be extremist bigots with nasty ideologies, perhaps they can then move on to those unabashed homophobes protesting outside schools who threaten and harass teaching staff for trying to teach the national curriculum? 

No?  Thought not.  ::)

It wouldn't surprise me if the perpetrators of the milkshake attacks turn out to be employed by Brexif sympathisers, designed to elicit sympathy for Nigel, Tommy and co and to paint their enemies in a bad light.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Matt2112

Quote from: döm on May 20, 2019, 22:54:48 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if the perpetrators of the milkshake attacks turn out to be employed by Brexif sympathisers, designed to elicit sympathy for Nigel, Tommy and co and to paint their enemies in a bad light.

That had briefly crossed my mind - sad state of affairs either way.
The keys to happiness

DavidL

Quote from: döm on May 20, 2019, 22:54:48 pm

::)
As if they need help from their own side  ;D

döm

Quote from: DavidL on May 21, 2019, 07:03:54 am
::)
As if they need help from their own side  ;D

Really ?  In the week of European elections?
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nïckslïkk2112

The fact that people will pay over a fiver for a bloody milkshake! >:(
Legend in my own Mind

DavidL

Quote from: döm on May 21, 2019, 09:04:43 am

Really ?  In the week of European elections?
Their opponents have done a brilliant job at drumming up support for the Brexit party. Gordon Brown was at it yesterday. Keep talking Gordon  ;D