Annoyance of the Day - 69

Started by Dixkot, August 19, 2014, 11:56:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Letter R

Quote from: DavidL on January 08, 2020, 00:42:11 amNot too long before nominations for each category will have to contain at least one of the following:
Non-white person
Disabled person
Dyslexic person
Person of unspecific gender
Person of fluid sexuality
Person touched inappropriately by Harvey Weinstein
Tom Hanks
Pretty much said the same last night to my wife - it's all getting a little out of hand.

DavidL

Quote from: zoony on January 08, 2020, 11:22:36 amWendy was watching the latest Dancing on ice on the SKY box last night, and they had a same sex couple, both 'men'. John Barrowman was on the panel, and he was crying, as was Gareth Thomas in the audience. If it offends anyone, I don't care, but I don't want to watch shit like that again.
I saw it myself and the reaction from Barrowman was ridiculous. 'H from Steps' may well be in line for the Nobel Prize.

zoony

My demons are really back with a vengeance. Can't help being argumentative, feeling negative and feeling withdrawn. I'm still having good days as well, but it would be nice to put the others to bed. I felt so good, grateful and positive on the road to recovery after last March as well.

rufus the dawg

I drove through three counties yesterday and the pot holes are a complete disgrace. It's bloody dangerous.
Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.

The Letter R

Quote from: zoony on January 26, 2020, 03:02:07 amMy demons are really back with a vengeance. Can't help being argumentative, feeling negative and feeling withdrawn. I'm still having good days as well, but it would be nice to put the others to bed. I felt so good, grateful and positive on the road to recovery after last March as well.
Think of the positive things you have achieved since your illness Rob- focus on the good not the bad.
Maybe try something new and out of your comfort zone, this can often leave less time to feel negative.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: zoony on January 26, 2020, 03:02:07 amMy demons are really back with a vengeance. Can't help being argumentative, feeling negative and feeling withdrawn. I'm still having good days as well, but it would be nice to put the others to bed. I felt so good, grateful and positive on the road to recovery after last March as well.
Poor you Zoony. Having written your comments means it is a start to helping yourself. Do you do any exercise, or go for walks in the countryside? Maybe do something out of routine, like go to a nice pub or a different cafe?

Dark thoughts can be pushed away. Being mindful of them means that you can understand them and control them. See the dark thoughts like clouds passing across the sky. Notice that they are there but, that they float away and you can look at the blue sky instead. It is the time of year and it's as been very cloudy but try so get some UV light on your eyes, or try a SAD lamp?

Mindfulness is a very good way of coming to terms with your thoughts. This is a very good book on the subject. NICE approve mindfulness as a way to combat depression and it is shown to be more effective than medication. You can go on an 8 week course but make sure it's by a properly trained teacher, e.g Bangor University trained people.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mindfulness-Eight-Week-Meditation-Programme-Frantic/dp/B004ZFZJWA

and maybe try this if you a have quiet 30 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFeTTgl_wAI

zoony

Quote from: rufus the dawg on January 27, 2020, 14:54:02 pmPoor you Zoony. Having written your comments means it is a start to helping yourself. Do you do any exercise, or go for walks in the countryside? Maybe do something out of routine, like go to a nice pub or a different cafe?

Dark thoughts can be pushed away. Being mindful of them means that you can understand them and control them. See the dark thoughts like clouds passing across the sky. Notice that they are there but, that they float away and you can look at the blue sky instead. It is the time of year and it's as been very cloudy but try so get some UV light on your eyes, or try a SAD lamp?

Mindfulness is a very good way of coming to terms with your thoughts. This is a very good book on the subject. NICE approve mindfulness as a way to combat depression and it is shown to be more effective than medication. You can go on an 8 week course but make sure it's by a properly trained teacher, e.g Bangor University trained people.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mindfulness-Eight-Week-Meditation-Programme-Frantic/dp/B004ZFZJWA

and maybe try this if you a have quiet 30 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFeTTgl_wAI
Cheers mate. Yeh, I do plenty of walking, and it's great around here for that to be honest. At least I'm not on a downer all of the time. Things at work haven't been the best, there has been a lot of cost cutting which has had a big impact on my income. Things are due to pick up in March, so hopefully my moods will do the same.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: zoony on January 28, 2020, 19:20:36 pmCheers mate. Yeh, I do plenty of walking, and it's great around here for that to be honest. At least I'm not on a downer all of the time. Things at work haven't been the best, there has been a lot of cost cutting which has had a big impact on my income. Things are due to pick up in March, so hopefully my moods will do the same.
How are you zoony?

rufus the dawg

Pot holes again
Driving off to my squash match last night with my mates in the car. Slowed down to where I know the road is bad and one guy said there isn't any here- Because he drives the road every day. Shit massive pot hole in middle of road- Off side wheel went straight over it.  The bang in the car was awful. Pulled over- the alloy was fine but there is a bulge in the tyre wall. The guy who drives the road everyday said that was not there is morning.

3 tyres now in 3 years because of pot holes. It is a bloody disgrace.

I lost my game, we lost the match, the food was Tapas so did not get enough; and I was back home by midnight, way to late.

zoony

Quote from: rufus the dawg on January 30, 2020, 11:31:40 amHow are you zoony?
Not too bad these last few days mate, as I've been on my 4 off. No doubt when I return on shift tomorrow, there will be something that will piss me off and turn me into Mr Angry/moody/distant.

zoony

Quote from: rufus the dawg on January 30, 2020, 11:44:11 amPot holes again
Driving off to my squash match last night with my mates in the car. Slowed down to where I know the road is bad and one guy said there isn't any here- Because he drives the road every day. Shit massive pot hole in middle of road- Off side wheel went straight over it.  The bang in the car was awful. Pulled over- the alloy was fine but there is a bulge in the tyre wall. The guy who drives the road everyday said that was not there is morning.

3 tyres now in 3 years because of pot holes. It is a bloody disgrace.

I lost my game, we lost the match, the food was Tapas so did not get enough; and I was back home by midnight, way to late.
There is a way you can claim for the damage mate, but unfortunately it is never made very public as to how you go about it 😡.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: zoony on January 30, 2020, 18:55:45 pmNot too bad these last few days mate, as I've been on my 4 off. No doubt when I return on shift tomorrow, there will be something that will piss me off and turn me into Mr Angry/moody/distant.
oh crikey shift work is difficult. So when that thing happens that pisses you off can you try to change your thought pasterns about it. I was pissed off last night about my car but what could I do about it? nothing. The up side is though the Alloy is fine and the three guys in the car were unhurt. When I swerved I did not hit a car. Its only £80 not £250 for a tyre. The tyre is half worn. So although it was/is annoying there are lots of positives. 

It is a common wisdom zoony if you can not change something you have to change your attitude about it.
Can you approach the problem and sort it?
Can you try and  change how you look at what is annoying you?
Can you try and change your reactions, if you get angry and display that can you try and stay calm?...another day at the office same old shit i'm not going to get angry about this! Life is to short.

I do not know your situation, I am just sympathetic TNMs and you can tell me to piss off.

captainkurtz

Anger is a gift.

zoony

Quote from: rufus the dawg on January 30, 2020, 21:17:46 pmoh crikey shift work is difficult. So when that thing happens that pisses you off can you try to change your thought pasterns about it. I was pissed off last night about my car but what could I do about it? nothing. The up side is though the Alloy is fine and the three guys in the car were unhurt. When I swerved I did not hit a car. Its only £80 not £250 for a tyre. The tyre is half worn. So although it was/is annoying there are lots of positives.

It is a common wisdom zoony if you can not change something you have to change your attitude about it.
Can you approach the problem and sort it?
Can you try and  change how you look at what is annoying you?
Can you try and change your reactions, if you get angry and display that can you try and stay calm?...another day at the office same old shit i'm not going to get angry about this! Life is to short.

I do not know your situation, I am just sympathetic TNMs and you can tell me to piss off.
Thanks mate, I will soldier on until hopefully, the better times return.

Slim

Saw Ken Loach trending on Twitter, only to discover a minute later that he's still alive.
Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.