Annoyance of the Day - 69

Started by Dixkot, August 19, 2014, 11:56:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on November 30, 2019, 12:46:09 pm...and the member of public who waded in first to disarm him was a polish kitchen worker..thank goodness for free movement, eh?
Been Polish people living here since well before the EU. Went to school with loads. That was a loooonnnnggggg time ago...
Legend in my own Mind

DavidL

Quote from: DavidL on November 30, 2019, 00:06:56 amHe was "known to the authorities and had connections to Islamic terrorism"
Oh, it's actually far worse than that  >:(

Matt2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on November 30, 2019, 12:46:09 pm...and the member of public who waded in first to disarm him was a polish kitchen worker..thank goodness for free movement, eh?
It's not free movement that's being claimed as the fundamental problem though, Hass.  Thought experiment: what would an Islamist extremist Polish kitchen worker have done..? 🤷🏻‍♂️
The keys to happiness

Nick

Not the first time a Polish Tusk has tried to help the UK.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

captainkurtz

Quote from: Matt2112 on November 30, 2019, 14:17:35 pmIt's not free movement that's being claimed as the fundamental problem though, Hass.  Thought experiment: what would an Islamist extremist Polish kitchen worker have done..? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Probably not have gotten a job where they would be required to handle pork.🤠
Anger is a gift.

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on November 30, 2019, 14:53:10 pmNot the first time a Polish Tusk has tried to help the UK.
I thought Donald, like the terrorist, wanted to send UK citizens to hell?

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Nick on November 30, 2019, 14:53:10 pmNot the first time a Polish Tusk has tried to help the UK.
Sorry, don't think any of the Polish pilots who took part in the Battle of Britain were named Tusk.
Legend in my own Mind

Bez

It has been reported that one of the other "members of the public" who tackled the knifeman is a convicted murderer who has also been released early from prison.

Take care where you look for your heroes, folks....or, as my 82 year old mum eloquently put it yesterday, " maybe he's now achieved redemption...."
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

DavidL

Quote from: Bez on December 02, 2019, 11:10:20 amIt has been reported that one of the other "members of the public" who tackled the knifeman is a convicted murderer who has also been released early from prison.

Take care where you look for your heroes, folks....or, as my 82 year old mum eloquently put it yesterday, " maybe he's now achieved redemption...."
Or maybe he has cynically conned society into believing he is no longer a threat.....just like the perpetrator did 😉

zoony

When you get a phone call on your mobile from a number that you don't recognize, and they start asking you who they are speaking to?! I was in my car on hands free when I had the call, so tried it back when I got home. It was a Pontypool number. Thick bastards started asking me who I was again before they hung up! Blocked the number now.

zoony

Listening to Labour MPs today saying how sorry they felt for the amount of people who will be worse off due to the election result. Well those people obviously knew what they were doing as they never backed the Labour party in traditionally strong areas of theirs.

zoony

After surviving my heart attack in March, and now leading a lot healthier lifestyle and feeling better for it, I fear I may be slipping into the dark depths of depression again. I had a great feeling of being positive and thankful that I'd been given a second chance, and was feeling grateful for the simplest of things, and giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, even though I never had a lot of time for some of them. Unfortunately the anger and the moods are starting to rear their ugly heads again now  and don't ask me why. The time of the year doesn't help, I can't stand Xmas, so I'm hoping things might pick up when it's over. I sometimes wonder what life is about, and if it's really worth it.

DavidL

Quote from: zoony on December 16, 2019, 23:07:00 pmAfter surviving my heart attack in March, and now leading a lot healthier lifestyle and feeling better for it, I fear I may be slipping into the dark depths of depression again. I had a great feeling of being positive and thankful that I'd been given a second chance, and was feeling grateful for the simplest of things, and giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, even though I never had a lot of time for some of them. Unfortunately the anger and the moods are starting to rear their ugly heads again now  and don't ask me why. The time of the year doesn't help, I can't stand Xmas, so I'm hoping things might pick up when it's over. I sometimes wonder what life is about, and if it's really worth it.
From someone that has suffered, I'm sorry to hear that. It's true what they say about exercise, I've found. I always used to suffer with winter blues but a by-product of age is the speed at which time flies by. At the start of winter, I'm already telling myself, it'll soon be over (it's Xmas already!)
Take care, it will pass.

captainkurtz

Feel pretty down often myself, Zoony.  Not sure I'd categorise it as depression as such, but it's enough to affect my mood and I find I can often be a little bit surly.  I'm not really sure what the cause is, although, generally, it's been a little bit of a stressful year.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
Anger is a gift.