Annoyance of the Day - 69

Started by Dixkot, August 19, 2014, 10:56:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL

Quote from: döm on June 07, 2019, 11:36:49 amBut he's there on the main slot!  If they brought him on at 6am you could say that was bias.  Prime air time to air his views - and he's always there.  Leading UKIP, left UKIP, Leading the Brexit party, they always find time for him.  Question time could be renamed Farage time! Perhaps that's why he so frequently appears at the European Parliament. Prefers his office at the Beeb!
I was actually referring to your use of the term lost!

döm

Quote from: DavidL on June 07, 2019, 19:25:53 pmI was actually referring to your use of the term lost!
Well they were expected to win. Just the week before the Brexit party had comd top in that area for the Euro elections and the incumbents had to deal with their previous mp's removal from her position.

Added to which the country is in a compete state of upheaval over Brexit. No better time for the Brexit party to make political capital from the chaos. They managed to poll well but came 2nd. Like it or not that's losing.

Farage skulking away from the count before the result was announced is all the proof you need of that
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

June 08, 2019, 12:04:27 pm #1922 Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 17:46:45 pm by DavidL Reason: Grammatical correction
Quote from: döm on June 08, 2019, 09:50:55 amWell they were expected to win. Just the week before the Brexit party had comd top in that area for the Euro elections and the incumbents had to deal with their previous mp's removal from her position.

Added to which the country is in a compete state of upheaval over Brexit. No better time for the Brexit party to make political capital from the chaos. They managed to poll well but came 2nd. Like it or not that's losing.

Farage skulking away from the count before the result was announced is all the proof you need of that
They came second but, perversely, had the best result. As I said, context is key.

Slim

Quote from: döm on June 08, 2019, 09:50:55 amWell they were expected to win. Just the week before the Brexit party had comd top in that area for the Euro elections and the incumbents had to deal with their previous mp's removal from her position.

This is quite a spin, Dom. This was a brand new party contesting their 201st target seat. They came within a few hundred votes. That is more than a vivid demonstration that they have at their disposal all the electoral power they need.

By the way I wouldn't be surprised if the Brexit Party actually win that by-election, and it was fiddled. Labour have form for voter fraud at that constituency, and the number of postal votes cast was remarkable.

Matt2112

Let me get this straight:

Jo Brand jokes about committing a hideous, violent, life-destroying act against someone.  Laughter and back-slapping from BBC-approved leftie types.

Carl Benjamin jokes about NOT committing a hideous, violent, life-destroying act against someone. Outrage and character assassination from BBC-approved leftie types.

Also: both incidents - both jokes! - are investigated by the police!

FFS.  ::)
The keys to happiness

zoony

The fact that I can't login online on my phone to check how a pension I've got with Aegon is doing, because you can only do it on a PC or a laptop! Get into the real world, I've got 2 other pensions with different companies that I can log straight into on my phone!

Matt2112

News feed littered with "I am here" posts from the Piece Hall, Halifax, where there is a weekend of pound shop Glasto acts, which started tonight with a headline "Homecoming" slot from local lads Embrace.

Two things here:

1) They're not strictly a Halifax band, they're from Brighouse, which has a Huddersfield dialling code, so everyone should stop reckoning on they're from Halifax. 

2) Regardless, they're sh!te.  :-\
The keys to happiness

rufus the dawg

Tennis on radio 5 live and sports extra and bbc1 and bbc2 and the red button!, very boring indeed. Very few sports work on the radio and Tennis definitely does not.

zoony

All these people who are slagging off and slating our new PM before he's even had chance to prove what he can do. Was he not fairly chosen to do the role? Who do these people want to be our PM then? They just can't accept him in the same way that they can't accept the referendum result!

döm

Quote from: zoony on July 24, 2019, 15:58:23 pmAll these people who are slagging off and slating our new PM before he's even had chance to prove what he can do. Was he not fairly chosen to do the role? Who do these people want to be our PM then? They just can't accept him in the same way that they can't accept the referendum result!
It's called freedom of speech and he's been in the public eye for the last 20 years showing us what he's capable of.

And it's funny that when Brown took over from Blair, Johnson was very much against the move saying that a General Election was necessary.

Let's see if he practices what he preaches...

DavidL

Quote from: döm on July 24, 2019, 16:54:17 pmAnd it's funny that when Brown took over from Blair, Johnson was very much against the move saying that a General Election was necessary.

Let's see if he practices what he preaches...
Slightly different...as Brown was voted in by nobody! Not even a whiff of democratic process

döm

Quote from: DavidL on July 24, 2019, 19:31:26 pmSlightly different...as Brown was voted in by nobody! Not even a whiff of democratic process
True !

But then he should have argued for an election amongst the Labour Party

Bez

Feck me its hot....3 showers today, the last being 15 mins ago and I'm still sweating...off to the pub in a minute for a few pints and a cool down...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

DavidL

Quote from: Bez on July 25, 2019, 19:38:27 pmFeck me its hot....3 showers today, the last being 15 mins ago and I'm still sweating...off to the pub in a minute for a few pints and a cool down...
Haven't you been listening? Pints make you hotter!...............Enjoy!

Nïckslïkk2112

I've just done  a 33 mile bike ride. If I'd stuck some tea bags down my shorts I could have wrung out a nice cuppa from the chamois when I got back :)
Legend in my own Mind