Author Topic: Annoyance of the Day - 69  (Read 73319 times)

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
Re: Annoyance of the Day - 69
« Reply #1740 on: October 15, 2018, 19:25:02 PM »
Just read a piece by Quentin Letts in which he says he'd rather have Corbyn in charge, because Theresa is so dismal.

When a waiter brings you a course that's a bit undercooked or not up to scratch, you don't send it back to the kitchen and ask for a plate of dog turds and wash them down with a glass of cyanide.

Nïckslïkk2112

• TNMS Member
  • Dull by day, asleep at night.
« Reply #1741 on: November 01, 2018, 17:34:25 PM »
Life's been one long annoyance the last couple of days.

Cut myself shaving yesterday, didn't think it was too bad, but five minutes after putting my shirt in it looked as if I'd just been guillotined.
Couldn't unlock the car yesterday morning. New battery needed for key fob. Absolute bugger to open up the battery case to replace it.
PC monitor blew up at work yesterday. OK so it spluttered a bit and went blank, but it was all I needed when I was under pressure to get stuff finished before a couple of days off.

Decided to spruce up my winter bike today. Rear brake had seized up, then the rear brake leaver packed in working after I'd freed the brake. Great.
Went upstairs to get something. Remembered I'd already taken it down. Turned round. Banked head on a sharp edge of low ceiling. Big bump on it now.
Cleaned up chain and gears on good bike, all working like a dream on the bike stand. Out on the road can't shift onto large chain ring. Had to keep stopping and manually shifting chain up before downhill bits. Then half a mile from home the bloody thing started working again >:(
Legend in my own Mind

Richard_2112

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1742 on: November 03, 2018, 12:32:06 PM »
The amount of bands I love announcing tours at exactly the same time and the ticket prices being extortionate!
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

DavidL

• TNMS Member
  • Music by Lee and Lifeson, Lyrics by Peart
« Reply #1743 on: November 03, 2018, 20:05:25 PM »
The CPS gifting Paul Gambachini a 'hefty' amount of taxpayer's money through their incompetence.

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #1744 on: November 12, 2018, 23:28:21 PM »
BBC’s misleading FA Cup highlights; they make it look as if Morecambe battered us by showing clip after clip of their chances and just one of our disallowed goal at the end.  It was a much more even game than that. 

I demand a pro-rata refund of my license fee.
HYFTOUR30

Richard_2112

• TNMS Member
« Reply #1745 on: November 13, 2018, 18:57:21 PM »
My car has just colossally failed its MOT
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.