Favourite Rush Tour T-shirt?

Started by 26thApril, April 01, 2014, 00:33:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy42g

Quote from: zoony on April 02, 2014, 18:17:31 pm
Wish I could get my hands on some ESL shirts. I worship that album.

Out of focus print and with pointless gaps everywhere?  :)
Why isn't there a sarcasm font?

zoony

Ian Harris

Quote from: Summerland on April 01, 2014, 20:12:05 pm
They haven't had a T-shirt in years and years that I didn't think was bloody awful.
Mostly they've been pseudo Metal-ish hideous black numbers. All this skull-shit - yuck.

Well quite. Given how many iconic graphics and distinctive logos they've had, Rush has missed an opportunity to design decent t-shirts. Which reminds me of Danforth & Pape, who have been making classy, subtle Rush themed t-shirts for a year or so. They avoid using images and logos from the album covers - I suspect that's to avoid a legal letter from Anthem. https://www.facebook.com/DanforthandPape

I rather liked the Counterparts Adam & Eve t-shirt, but the gold print corroded the fabric and the shirt fell apart. Doh.
London, May 1987
Birmingham, May 1987
London, Apr 1992
Paris, May 1992
Sacramento, Feb 1994
San Francisco, Feb 1994
Raleigh, Jul 2002
London, Sep 2004
London, Sep 2004
Manchester, Sep 2004
London, Oct 2008
Birmingham, Oct 2008
Birmingham, May 2011
London, May 2011
Birmingham, 2013
London, 2013

Nick

Not an official one but  the Guinness shirt done for the Dublin dates, far better than the official TMT merch. Unfortunately a mouse ate the front of mine.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

captainkurtz

The Guinness one was very clever... Never got one though, being a devout Muslim and all that....
Anger is a gift.

Thailand Express

Quote from: Nick on April 05, 2014, 16:58:06 pm
Not an official one but  the Guinness shirt done for the Dublin dates, far better than the official TMT merch. Unfortunately a mouse ate the front of mine.

Must've been an Irish mouse...

The Letter R

Quote from: Ian Harris on April 05, 2014, 16:38:47 pm
Well quite. Given how many iconic graphics and distinctive logos they've had, Rush has missed an opportunity to design decent t-shirts. Which reminds me of Danforth & Pape, who have been making classy, subtle Rush themed t-shirts for a year or so. They avoid using images and logos from the album covers - I suspect that's to avoid a legal letter from Anthem. https://www.facebook.com/DanforthandPape

I rather liked the Counterparts Adam & Eve t-shirt, but the gold print corroded the fabric and the shirt fell apart. Doh.

Must say I do like some of the designs on that site - Le Studio one is excellent.
I seem to recall our very own Neph designs and makes his own rather classy subtle Rush shirts too.