My Rock Photo Archive

Started by rascal houdi, March 01, 2014, 00:04:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rascal houdi

Samson supported Blackfoot on their UK tour in April '82.  I must admit to being a bit miffed at the time as I just wanted a pic of Medlocke but I'm over it now.

That was the only time Blackfoot did Reading.  We didn't rough it that year, got a B&B in town, not sure what you did.
There's only two Phil Spectors in this world...and I'm one of them! (Guy Stevens)

Rob Barchetta

Quote from: rascal houdi on April 30, 2014, 15:01:36 pm
Samson supported Blackfoot on their UK tour in April '82.  I must admit to being a bit miffed at the time as I just wanted a pic of Medlocke but I'm over it now.

That was the only time Blackfoot did Reading.  We didn't rough it that year, got a B&B in town, not sure what you did.

Thanks, yes that must have been the year we buggered off with our uncle and stayed at his place in Aldershot/Farnborough for the night. And to think, all these years I've been feeling guilty about leaving you two youngsters alone to survive the elements   :'(

Unless I'm thinking of 1979 and getting my Blackfoots and Molly Hatchets muddled ?  :-[  ::)
Can't get enough of that long hair music...

rascal houdi

Quote from: Rob Barchetta on April 30, 2014, 16:34:14 pm
Unless I'm thinking of 1979 and getting my Blackfoots and Molly Hatchets muddled ?  :-[  ::)

Yes, I think it was probably '79.
There's only two Phil Spectors in this world...and I'm one of them! (Guy Stevens)

Jonners

Anything from Reading '83? Got a little soft spot for Gillan era Sabbath, and for some reason at the time I thought Anvil were the dogs bollocks too
The new songs are an abomination

rascal houdi

No, didn't go in '83.  Got some Anvil from the Marquee though.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Jonners on April 30, 2014, 18:10:22 pm
Anything from Reading '83? Got a little soft spot for Gillan era Sabbath, and for some reason at the time I thought Anvil were the dogs bollocks too

I was there. Only had a shit Instamatic camera though. However, if you'd like to see some pics of what might be Anvil, or Magnum, or Lee Aaron - hard to say as they're just little dots on stage I could scan them for you...
Legend in my own Mind

Rob Barchetta

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on April 30, 2014, 22:50:16 pm
I was there. Only had a shit Instamatic camera though. However, if you'd like to see some pics of what might be Anvil, or Magnum, or Lee Aaron - hard to say as they're just little dots on stage I could scan them for you...

Lee Aaron  :o  Nice  ;D

rascal houdi

DavidL

Absolutely brilliant memories - thanks for uploading these. I'm sure I was at the '82 Hagar gig and one of the 5 Rush shows in '80, quite possibly one of the Odeon Blackfoot gigs too. Tygers photos reminded me of a great gig at Oxford in support of The Cage LP which I loved at the time.

Rob Barchetta

Quote from: rascal houdi on May 13, 2014, 00:38:38 am
..and the next lot... :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/118766505@N06/

Nice  8)

Good to see a 'young' Brian Johnson....... well, a 35 yr old Brian Johnson  ???

Looks more like 55 tho :o

captainkurtz

That's the Geordie look...cos we've been scrapping since we were bairns and that...
Anger is a gift.

Jonners

cheetah look aesthetically pleasing
The new songs are an abomination

DavidL

Quote from: Rob Barchetta on May 13, 2014, 09:45:32 am

Good to see a 'young' Brian Johnson....... well, a 35 yr old Brian Johnson  ???

Beano's hardly changed in the intervening years after seeing him last week on 'Cars that Rock'. Reckon he made the production company sign a binding agreement to not film him sans headwear though ;D

Bez

Love the latest Schenker pics....

Did Y&T support AC/DC for that show ?I'm pretty sure I was at the gig, but don't remember them playing at all ! If I saw them it would help with my A-Z of bands seen at gigs...I need another Y  ;)

RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Chris Quartly

We need to rename this thread "My Spandex Photo Archive"!
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade