• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.
July 21, 2019, 16:18:34 pm

My Rock Photo Archive

Started by rascal houdi, February 28, 2014, 23:04:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

captainkurtz

Money well spent...brilliant pictures...
Anger is a gift.

rascal houdi

Quote from: Slim on March 30, 2014, 10:44:06 am
Is it this one? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-Perfection-scanner-ReadyScan-technology/dp/B009EOPQD4

Superb results for a piece of kit less than £100 if so.

Yes, that's the one, think I paid £85 for it just before Christmas.  I'm scanning at 2400dpi but it will go to 12800dpi if required.
There's only two Phil Spectors in this world...and I'm one of them! (Guy Stevens)

Slim

Thanks, matey. Ordered one.

Rob Barchetta

Mark - weren't a lot of those original pics from when you worked at Tudor in Cricklewood? That must have helped with getting the prints done to how you wanted them and at a 'reasonable' cost  ;)

As I said Saturday, loving the Chadwell Heath pics  8) Just as pokey as I remembered it.
Stadium my arse  ::)

Shame you haven't got any Woolwich Odeon pics. Now that was a special gig....
Can't get enough of that long hair music...

rascal houdi

March 31, 2014, 10:02:52 am #64 Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:16:04 am by rascal houdi
Only the 1st few films were done at Tudor, after that I was printing them all myself wherever I was working at the time, total control and at very 'reasonable' cost of course... :)
There's only two Phil Spectors in this world...and I'm one of them! (Guy Stevens)

rascal houdi

Bez

Nice, I was at the Rush & MSG gigs, probably at the Lizzy one as well....
Was that the Priest gig where Maiden opened for them ?
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

BaldiePete

Quote from: Bez on April 06, 2014, 09:46:48 am
Nice, I was at the Rush & MSG gigs, probably at the Lizzy one as well....

Maiden supported Priest in March 1980

captainkurtz

Great again...were the rush wembley gigs all seated in those days?
Anger is a gift.

rascal houdi

Yes, Wembley Arena was always all seated back then.

rascal houdi

Quote from: Bez on April 06, 2014, 09:46:48 am

No, 1980, as Pete said & as per the photos from earlier (probably on page 2 or 3 by now).

captainkurtz

Did you see Van Halen back then?

Anger is a gift.

rascal houdi

Yes. Unfortunately the Sabbath support slot in 78 was a few months before I started taking pics & cameras were never allowed in at the Rainbow where I saw the 3 headline shows they did in 79/80. One of the  few key bands of the era that I didn't photograph I'm afraid.

captainkurtz

Ah, a shame.  I imagine that back in the day, VH would have been eminently photographable (not sure thats a word, but you catch my drift).

Love the Rush ones here....

Also, kudos for getting such good seats....back in the pre-internet days, one had to rely on Sounds for details of tours...and by the time it came out on a Wednesday, most of the good ones had gone....thank God for the internet...

Anyway - good work!
Anger is a gift.

Andy42g

Quote from: rascal houdi on April 06, 2014, 16:13:31 pm
Yes. Unfortunately the Sabbath support slot in 78 was a few months before I started taking pics & cameras were never allowed in at the Rainbow where I saw the 3 headline shows they did in 79/80. One of the  few key bands of the era that I didn't photograph I'm afraid.

Pity. Those must have been amazing shows though.
Why isn't there a sarcasm font?