Sonos

Started by Fishy, November 18, 2013, 16:55:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pricey

I've got 4 sonos play ones , a connect wired to my amp and a beam , and a beam on the tv , must say I love the thing . So good with Spotify
I'm older than I wish to be

Bez

Anyone looking at a Sonos system should investigate Sevenoaks Sound & Vision.

They're currently running a trade in programme that gets 30% off list price.

I bought a Sonos Bridge from eBay for £2.30 and used it to get £120 off a Sonos Beam soundbar for Bez Junior who is moving into his own house...

Mine's a pint if anyone takes advantage  8)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

pdw1

Quote from: Bez on September 15, 2020, 21:14:29 pmAnyone looking at a Sonos system should investigate Sevenoaks Sound & Vision.

I bought a Sonos Bridge from eBay for £2.30 and used it to get £120 off a Sonos Beam soundbar for Bez Junior who is moving into his own house...

I think that is true almost anywhere. The trade in programme is a SONOS initiative to get us to all upgrade.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

DavidL

Quote from: pdw1 on September 16, 2020, 09:01:12 amI think that is true almost anywhere. The trade in programme is a SONOS initiative to get us to all upgrade.
Buy a good hi-fi instead! ;)

Nick

Quote from: pdw1 on September 16, 2020, 09:01:12 amI think that is true almost anywhere. The trade in programme is a SONOS initiative to get us to all upgrade.
Yes but I hadn't considered you could use the bridge to get the discount. Great find.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Pricey

October 23, 2020, 19:04:31 pm #65 Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 19:09:16 pm by Pricey
Quote from: Bez on September 15, 2020, 21:14:29 pmAnyone looking at a Sonos system should investigate Sevenoaks Sound & Vision.

thats a great shout Bez !though not sure we need further product, though a sub might be an idea
I'm older than I wish to be

Nick

I recently noticed that my TV output was set to PCM rather than Dolby digital type output. Big difference on my Beam and 2 x play 1 system, kick me.

Matt2112

Quote from: Nick on December 02, 2020, 21:03:22 pmI recently noticed that my TV output was set to PCM rather than Dolby digital type output. Big difference on my Beam and 2 x play 1 system, kick me.
Prompted by your post I've checked my settings - now, I'm a bit of an ignoramus on techie matters, so forgive me, but my output is set to "DTS Neo 2.5", the other options being "PCM" and "Dolby Digital".  Presumably "DTS Neo 2.5" is the best option?  I'm going through only a (very good) Philips soundbar and wireless sub.  Thanks! :)
The keys to happiness

Nick

No idea, all I know is that PCM is basically glorified stereo. DTS neo 2.5 sounds well techie though.