Author Topic: Sonos  (Read 4252 times)

Nick

• TNMS Member
  • You lookin' at me?
Re: Sonos
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 15:33:09 PM »
Just ordered the play 1 + free bridge to test the waters, got my eye on a playbar if all goes to plan and perhaps a play 5 for the kitchen, addictive stuff!.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 10:57:40 AM »
Ah, just seen this thread

Ignore my new thread
The new songs are an abomination

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 10:59:28 AM »
So, if I get the Sonos Play1 plus the bridge, I can basically stream all my music that I have on my laptop and storage device to it

Then, if I get another ply 1, I can either put it in another room, or use them as a stereo par etc

Seems quite easy

Muppet

• TNMS Member
  • No more tours, no more stalks :-(
    • Muppet Trading
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 12:48:06 PM »
Yes thats it Jonners.  I have 2 x Play1, currently as a stereo pair (huge difference to a single Play1) buts its simple enough to unpair and move one or both around the house
One likes to believe
In the freedom of music

Dods

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 16:41:00 PM »
So, if I get the Sonos Play1 plus the bridge, I can basically stream all my music that I have on my laptop and storage device to it

Then, if I get another ply 1, I can either put it in another room, or use them as a stereo par etc

Seems quite easy
Very easy Jonners

We have a Play 1 in the bathroom, a Play 3 in the dining room, a Play 3 in the bedroom, a Play 5 in the kitchen and a connection for the main amp in the living room which obviously comes out as surround sound/stereo :)

Only downside is that I have had to replace the controller three times (out of warranty but for free). They have stopped making it and do not have an app for Windows Phones (IoS & Android only). There is a Windows OS app but they tell you in tech support to use the third party Phonos for Windows Phones until they get their finger out.

Otherwise fantastic :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 16:44:38 PM by Dods »

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »
Good advice!

Think I will....

Nick

• TNMS Member
  • You lookin' at me?
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 21:02:16 PM »
Just bought a sonos connect amp.  We have 3 play 1's in the house but i wanted to use my stereo speakers, very pleased. In fact i boxed up all my cd,s and put them in the attic with the vinyl. I now run everything via spotify and a local drive, plus radio via tunein throgh sonos.
I feel strangely liberated but with the world of music just a click away i struggle to think what to play!

Spirit of Rich

• TNMS Member
  • The Stags Have Risen Again
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 09:22:22 AM »
Having had a third iPod go tits up, I'm also thinking of going down the Spotify/Sonos route but deals on Sonos stuff seem really hard to come by, a bit like Bose. I know that there was an offer last year for a free bridge with the Play 1 which is what I'm after, but that's expired now.

Anyone aware of any decent deals locally?
You know how that rabbit feels........

Nick

• TNMS Member
  • You lookin' at me?
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2014, 09:34:45 AM »
It's very difficult to find any deals on Sonos, it looks like they rotate the bridge offer on different equipment over the year. Plenty bridges on ebay though. Other than that, Top cashback via currys or santander 123 credit card via john lewis will get you a couple of percent off. If you buy via JL you can take it back easily if you dont like it. Also watch out for spotify offers, ie spotify premium free for a couple of months.

Spirit of Rich

• TNMS Member
  • The Stags Have Risen Again
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2014, 09:45:24 AM »
Cheers Nick, I take it you're happy with your Spotify/Sonos set up?
You know how that rabbit feels........

Nick

• TNMS Member
  • You lookin' at me?
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2014, 10:11:12 AM »
Very much so, just a different way of thinking. The only occasional pain is that everything is controlled by your phone (not windows phones) or tablet or PC so you have to go hunting around the house to change channel/song stream etc. I use spotify for music, also you can stream music from your MP3 files on your computer and i use Tunein radio to listen to all the Radio stations. All CD's are now in the attic, apart from Rush Cd,s which are classed as works of art in this house.

BaldiePete

• TNMS Member
  • Old Guys Rule
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2014, 10:21:18 AM »
Sonos is wonderful, I haven't listened to a CD since before Christmas last year but I'm listening to more music than ever. If I didn't live in a flat all my CDs would be in the attic   :)

Anyone want to buy an Arcam CD192  player ?

Nick

• TNMS Member
  • You lookin' at me?
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2014, 15:05:18 PM »
I am quite tempted by a play 5 and the soundbar. going to have to have an ebay clearout to replenish funds.

Bez

• TNMS Member
  • Yes, I DO look like my bloody avatar...
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2014, 11:07:46 AM »
Sonos is wonderful, I haven't listened to a CD since before Christmas last year but I'm listening to more music than ever. If I didn't live in a flat all my CDs would be in the attic   :)

Anyone want to buy an Arcam CD192  player ?

You  can still get good money for the ARCAM on eBay....how much are you loking for, my Arcam 7 in the office is n the process of dying slowing...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%