What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc #17

Started by Dixkot, September 30, 2013, 11:50:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on May 18, 2020, 22:23:51 pmNo, thin pale guy with floppy hair!

looks slightly like the drippy guy from The Office that sucks up to David Brent...
Can't place him, sorry old chap; probably a fairly small role..? Dunno.  :-[
The keys to happiness

zoony

Quote from: pdw1 on May 18, 2020, 22:42:15 pmThose were the days of proper tackles
You have to go back further for those mate.

Bez

Quote from: zoony on May 19, 2020, 09:43:56 amYou have to go back further for those mate.
Agreed, take a look at the FA cup final & replay between Chelsea & Leeds from 1970....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

pdw1

Quote from: zoony on May 19, 2020, 09:43:56 amYou have to go back further for those mate.
Caught the 1990 England vs Cameroon quarter final last night on ITV - elbows and studs flying everywhere, "just part of the game". These days it would be a straight red, intended or not.

Good fun though.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: pdw1 on May 19, 2020, 10:53:19 amCaught the 1990 England vs Cameroon quarter final last night on ITV - elbows and studs flying everywhere, "just part of the game". These days it would be a straight red, intended or not.

Good fun though.
Go back and look at DIRTY Leeds from the 70s
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

DavidL

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on May 19, 2020, 11:21:39 amGo back and look at DIRTY Leeds from the 70s
;D
'upending' was a recognised coaching technique!

zoony

Quote from: Bez on May 19, 2020, 09:46:28 amAgreed, take a look at the FA cup final & replay between Chelsea & Leeds from 1970....
Yep. Watched a programme about the influx of foreign players in our game the other night, and you should have seen some of the "tackles" that Kenny Burns was putting in on Ossie Ardilles and Ricky Villa in the late 70s 😲.

Bez

Harry's Heroes

"Past it" footballers playing again

Funny and poigniant at the same time...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

Quote from: Bez on May 20, 2020, 08:54:31 amHarry's Heroes

"Past it" footballers playing again

Funny and poigniant at the same time...
Yes, I've been enjoying that mate. Surprisingly I never watched the first series. Being a professional footballer on fantastic money must be a great lifestyle, but it doesn't last that long, and there are a lot of players who get into difficulties and bad situations when it ends. Neil Ruddock was a big fans favourite when he was at Southampton between 89 - 92, but what a sorry sight he is now. I wasn't in as bad a way as he is just over a year ago, but I can see similarities. I had no intention of changing my lifestyle until something happened, which I did, and am still doing. It looks like he is the same, but he might not be as lucky as I was.

Jonners

Gojira-Live at Redrocks.

Magnifique!
The new songs are an abomination

pdw1

The Sting
watched this with my 10 year old daughter. Her face as the plot twisted and turned at the end of the film was a picture.

pdw1

Quote from: Jonners on May 22, 2020, 10:46:26 amGojira-Live at Redrocks.

Magnifique!
And to think they were only the opening act  :o

pxr5

Ad Astra last night. The one with Brad Pitt in. Good start and quite a good story set up. But, it just goes nowhere and whilst there was a conclusion, it all seemed a bit pointless. 4/10. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2935510/

Jonners

Quote from: pdw1 on May 22, 2020, 13:38:11 pmAnd to think they were only the opening act  :o
Yep, not seen or head Devin's set from that night, but the Opeth set is just dull by comparison
The new songs are an abomination

Matt2112

The Old Man & The Gun

Robert Redford's final film, based on true events, about a charming septuagenarian bank robber.

Quite good.
The keys to happiness