What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc #17

Started by Dixkot, September 30, 2013, 11:50:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

Quote from: Matt2112 on January 21, 2020, 09:14:02 amWhat Did Jack Do?

From nowhere, a new 17-minute short from David Lynch has appeared on Netflix.

It's in scratchy monochrome and has Lynch himself as a detective interrogating a murder suspect, who is a capuchin monkey.

It manages to be even more bonkers than it sounds.  I'd suggest it's most suitable for Lynch fanbois (like me).
Have you watched Rabbits? I saw it on The Short Films of David Lynch DVD (though I note now that Rabbits isn't included anymore). If you have, what do you think? It's mad as a box of frogs, but it comes back to my mind often, so it made an impact of sorts.

Matt2112

Quote from: pxr5 on January 23, 2020, 13:36:16 pmHave you watched Rabbits? I saw it on The Short Films of David Lynch DVD (though I note now that Rabbits isn't included anymore). If you have, what do you think? It's mad as a box of frogs, but it comes back to my mind often, so it made an impact of sorts.
I haven't seen that as it has always seemed difficult to track down.

There were segments of Rabbits I think in Inland Empire, which were probably the most surreal moments in what is already a baffling and bizarre 3-hour head trip of a film.
The keys to happiness

pxr5

Binged Series 2 of Lost in Space. All a bit meh. This series was a bit better than the first, but it's always just going from one disaster to another, knowing the good old family Robinson will save the day. This could run and run, and I'll likely keep going with it too lol.

Ali

Rome-Wembley-Paris-Rome-Istanbul-Madrid

Bez

Quote from: Ali on January 26, 2020, 21:09:57 pmBOC - Hard Rock Live Cleveland 2014
Verdict?

There's a number of different versions kicking around (2CD/DVD, Bluray) and no definitive list of what's what that I could see at the weekend...

There's another "new release" as well which seems to be re-mixes of greatest hits...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

pxr5

Zombieland: Double Tap. More of the same following on from the first film. Both my wife and I really enjoyed this and found it better than the first. I wont spoil it but a new character shows up who, in my opinion, raises the film to much better place. It's a shame these zombies aren't in TWD/FTWD - it would be much more fun.

Ali

Quote from: Bez on January 27, 2020, 08:03:45 amVerdict?

There's a number of different versions kicking around (2CD/DVD, Bluray) and no definitive list of what's what that I could see at the weekend...

There's another "new release" as well which seems to be re-mixes of greatest hits...
Hi Paul, pretty standard set list from the last few years....and not a laser in sight, obviously 😁
When you think of the varied nightly setlists they would play on their UK tours around 2003-4
it's a shame there's not a few more surprises 😉

The dvd and 2 cds contain the same tracks so I'd guess the Blu-ray will be likewise.

Unfortunately my dvd 'freezes' towards the end of Black Blade, then skips Last Days of May before re-emerging with Godzilla. Maybe a batch problem or problems with the disc layers which my Blu-ray has picked up on?

Plus as you know full well, Buck has waaaay more hair than he did on A Long Day's Night 😂

DavidL

Heaven & Hell - Live from Radio City Hall

Jonners

The new songs are an abomination

Bez

Quote from: Ali on January 27, 2020, 22:32:06 pmHi Paul, pretty standard set list from the last few years....and not a laser in sight, obviously 😁
When you think of the varied nightly setlists they would play on their UK tours around 2003-4
it's a shame there's not a few more surprises 😉

The dvd and 2 cds contain the same tracks so I'd guess the Blu-ray will be likewise.

Unfortunately my dvd 'freezes' towards the end of Black Blade, then skips Last Days of May before re-emerging with Godzilla. Maybe a batch problem or problems with the disc layers which my Blu-ray has picked up on?

Plus as you know full well, Buck has waaaay more hair than he did on A Long Day's Night 😂
Cheers mate, I'll almost certainly invest (as a fanboy)....

I see they've announced a couple of headline shows as a ta-on to the Deep purple support slots...I may have to make the trip to Leicester...

captainkurtz

BOC worth seeing still?  They're playing my favourite venue here later in the year - missed them the last 2 times they've been up for one reason or another...
Anger is a gift.

Bez

Quote from: captainkurtz on January 30, 2020, 07:44:03 amBOC worth seeing still?  They're playing my favourite venue here later in the year - missed them the last 2 times they've been up for one reason or another...
As above I'll admit to being a fanboy....

Yes, definitely. Especially as they're local

Ali

Quote from: Bez on January 30, 2020, 00:09:33 amCheers mate, I'll almost certainly invest (as a fanboy)....

I see they've announced a couple of headline shows as a ta-on to the Deep purple support slots...I may have to make the trip to Leicester...
Might go up (and across) to the Sage or down (and across again!) to Leicester, we'll see 😀

Hass, definitely worth catching at the Sage - with a back catalogue as good as their's it's a no brainer 😉

Managed to swap the dvd with the other copy in the record shop and that plays fine 👍

pxr5

Series 2 of The Terror. This 2nd season has nothing at all to do with Series 1 (which was loosely based on the true Arctic expedition of HMS Terror) but is based instead in the USA in 1941 following Japanese residents in California dealing with some strange events. It's pretty good and being AMC has great historical production. Only 3 episodes in so far but the mystery is building around Japanese mythology, so hopeful of some good horror to come.

Ali

Steven Wilson - get all you deserve (how I wish I'd had a chance to see this tour 😉)