What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc #17

Started by Dixkot, September 30, 2013, 11:50:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Straight Shooter

Quote from: Analog Rockin' Hard on October 12, 2013, 17:20:50 pm
That's a great film - one of the best I've seen in recent times. Highly recommended.

Seconded - couldn't agree more!  :)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Straight Shooter

"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Captain Ron

Hopefully going to see Ender's Game later this week. Slightly concerned that it might be The Hunger Games / Twilight .. in space but we'll see.
"I was brought up to believe" (but never to leave beer)

Nulli Secundus

Quote from: Straight Shooter on October 13, 2013, 21:23:20 pm
The Adjustment Bureau

I started watching this on Saturday night. It looked really good and I desparately wanted to watch it but had to go to bed as I had not had any sleep on the Firday night and had a really busy, long day on the Saturday... beleive it not the missus has finished all her Christmas shopping... I couldn't beleive she was Christmas shopping in October. I will return to the Adjustment Bureau as it was really good from what I'd seen of it.
Advertising is the rattling of the stick in the swill bucket

Gary L. Grape

At some point in my youth I started watching The Godfather, but never made it to the end of it. After that I've never come round to watching it again, but now I'm going to rectify that. I just bought the Coppola restoration 5 DVD box.

Bez

Quote from: Nick Sims on October 12, 2013, 01:06:49 am
Tubular Bells: Mike Oldfield, a Studio performance.

From BBC4 tonight. With Steve Hillage :)

Watched the documentary this morning, very good...have the rest of the BBC4 output for later when I do the ironing...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Fishy

more episodes of Breaking Bad season 1...
From the Land of Honest Men.

Andrew_Haldane

Finished watching the first season of The Killing last night. .....Wow...what a great crime drama series....onto season 2 now  8)

captainkurtz

Anger is a gift.

captainkurtz

Yeah good series but thought it was overlong really.

Series 2 and 3 have far fewer episodes.
Anger is a gift.

Andrew_Haldane

Quote from: captainkurtz on October 14, 2013, 21:12:45 pm
Yeah good series but thought it was overlong really.

Series 2 and 3 have far fewer episodes.

Yeah noticed that (I have 1 and 2) enjoyed all of it myself though....might even watch it again with the missus

Andy42g

Trance. Pretty good. All a bit silly at the end.
Why isn't there a sarcasm font?

Fishy

2 episodes into season 4 of  Boardwalk Empire
From the Land of Honest Men.

JonL

Quote from: Nulli Secundus on October 14, 2013, 12:11:41 pm
I started watching this on Saturday night. It looked really good and I desparately wanted to watch it but had to go to bed as I had not had any sleep on the Firday night and had a really busy, long day on the Saturday... beleive it not the missus has finished all her Christmas shopping... I couldn't beleive she was Christmas shopping in October. I will return to the Adjustment Bureau as it was really good from what I'd seen of it.

The chemistry between Damon and Blunt elevates it above the Inception lite tag it has been given.
One of my favourite popcorn movies of recent years.
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.