What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc #17

Started by Dixkot, September 30, 2013, 11:50:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

Cool Hand Luke is a great film....I remember first watching it as a youngster and wanting to try the egg eating challenge....

"Still shaking that tree, Boss" 8)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Gary L. Grape

Quote from: Bez on November 05, 2019, 00:18:13 amCool Hand Luke is a great film....I remember first watching it as a youngster and wanting to try the egg eating challenge....

"Still shaking that tree, Boss" 8)
Yes, I really liked it. Took me a while to start watching it though, I've had it on my watch list forever.

Matt2112

Prisoners is a top notch drama in every department.  For me it has Hugh Jackman's best performance of his career so far, as well as being another showcase for the formidable talents of Jake Gyllenhaal and director Denis Villeneuve.
The keys to happiness

Gary L. Grape

Quote from: Matt2112 on November 05, 2019, 14:42:56 pmPrisoners is a top notch drama in every department.  For me it has Hugh Jackman's best performance of his career so far, as well as being another showcase for the formidable talents of Jake Gyllenhaal and director Denis Villeneuve.
I loved Gyllenhaal's nervous facial tics, I thought it added a lot to his character. And it can't be easy to keep doing it throughout an entire movie.

Bez

World on Fire

Has anyone persevered with this? Episode 1 was a bit "meh"

Bez

The End of the F***king World

Caught up with season one (Channel 4 catch up)over the past few days. Terrific stuff. Funny and horrific in equal measure. .

S2 over the weekend 8)

Recommended

Reg

Quote from: Reg on November 01, 2019, 20:19:06 pmI know I'm a bit late to the party, but I've just started on Stranger Things season 1 on Netflix.
Finished all 3 seasons. Great stuff!
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Reg

Watched a few episodes of Up Pompeii on the weekend - from the BBC complete boxed set.

Some of it is very dated of course, but still very, very enjoyable. The episode where he plays both Lurkio and Caesar is fantastic stuff.

It looks like all concerned had a ball making this.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

The Letter R

Quote from: Bez on November 08, 2019, 18:50:01 pmThe End of the F***king World

Caught up with season one (Channel 4 catch up)over the past few days. Terrific stuff. Funny and horrific in equal measure. .

S2 over the weekend 8)

Recommended
Recorded season 2 but not watched as yet as need to watch season 1 - seemed to look...interesting....

The Letter R

Quote from: Bez on November 06, 2019, 23:49:23 pmWorld on Fire

Has anyone persevered with this? Episode 1 was a bit "meh"
It's one of those programmes you don't need to concentrate too much on, main character continually walks around looking like a lost dog who's rolled in something smelly, there's some cheap CGI and a strange mix bag of history around the start of WW2

Matt2112

November 18, 2019, 00:02:00 am #1855 Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 00:06:00 am by Matt2112
Green Book

Very good, a multiple Oscar winner deserving of its awards (Best Film, Supporting Actor for Mahershala Ali and Best Original Screenplay). Outstanding performances from Viggo Mortensen and Ali - in lesser hands this may have been a tad over-worthy. Well worth seeing.
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: Bez on November 08, 2019, 18:50:01 pmThe End of the F***king World

S2 over the weekend 8)

Recommended
Season 2 finished tonight. Fantastic stuff.

Bez

Quote from: The Letter R on November 13, 2019, 14:08:13 pmIt's one of those programmes you don't need to concentrate too much on, main character continually walks around looking like a lost dog who's rolled in something smelly, there's some cheap CGI and a strange mix bag of history around the start of WW2
Binned it off on the basis that life is too short to have doubts about TV programmes....

The Letter R

Quote from: Bez on November 18, 2019, 23:35:57 pmBinned it off on the basis that life is too short to have doubts about TV programmes....
Spoiler alert - there will be a series 2 ;-)

Bez

Quote from: The Letter R on November 20, 2019, 09:38:35 amSpoiler alert - there will be a series 2 ;-)
Not to be viewed in this house....!