• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.
June 16, 2019, 03:31:17 am

What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc #17

Started by Dixkot, September 30, 2013, 10:50:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: DavidL on January 11, 2019, 23:01:53 pm

Next week is 'On the Bass' with Tina Weymouth. I doubt if our favourite four-stringer will get a mention.

Aye, I doubt Cronos will get a look in...
Legend in my own Mind

DavidL

döm

Birdbox on Netflix. Thought it was brilliant!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

The Letter R

Catching up on the ABC Murders....2 down 1 to go.

Bez

Bros: After the Screaming Stops

Unintentionally hilarious. Watch it via the iPlayer if you dare...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Matt2112

The keys to happiness

Nick

FYRE: The Greatest Party That Never Happened', Netflix. The story of what was going to be one of the most exclusive festivals ever, but turned out to be one of the worst organised events ever. You have to watch it to believe it.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Matt2112

Solo: A Star Wars Story

It's okay; entertaining enough, but a tad over-long and more DC-quality than Marvel.
The keys to happiness

Bisto

Quote from: Matt2112 on January 30, 2019, 13:05:15 pm
Solo: A Star Wars Story

It's okay; entertaining enough, but a tad over-long and more DC-quality than Marvel.

Difficult film to pitch but all too predictably they went for the cash grab, PG audiencew. It was too frothy and lightweight and not nearly darkd and gritty enough; ultimately it adds nothing of value to the franchise imho. Would have been more interesting done in a flash back style, pre A New Hope and post the Return of the Jedi but getting CF and HF on board for that would have been 'challenging' to say the least
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Bez

The BBC Inside Europe documentary....

Cameron really needs a kick in the 'nads....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

pdw1

Quote from: Bez on January 30, 2019, 23:07:41 pm
The BBC Inside Europe documentary....

Cameron really needs a kick in the 'nads....
only one?  >:(
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Matt2112

TOTP 1987 on BBC Four

There was a fad for "oldies" at the time, being reinvigorated by movies and such; Stand By Me was #1 and similar was dominating the top 10: Jackie Wilson, Percy Sledge et al.

Clearly, folk were sentimentally wallowing in retro nostalgia when they should have been cherishing the halcyon days of the 80s instead.
The keys to happiness

captainkurtz

Quote from: Matt2112 on February 02, 2019, 01:48:14 am
TOTP 1987 on BBC Four

There was a fad for "oldies" at the time, being reinvigorated by movies and such; Stand By Me was #1 and similar was dominating the top 10: Jackie Wilson, Percy Sledge et al.

Clearly, folk were sentimentally wallowing in retro nostalgia when they should have been cherishing the halcyon days of the 80s instead.

I remember that time.  Those songs seemed ancient to me as a teenager.  Odd to think that todays equivalent would be something like 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' or something....makes you feel really old.  :-\
Anger is a gift.

döm

TOTP 1987 on BBC Four

Was watching that too. Surprised by how many of those songs I didn't know! Then I remembered I was at Grenoble University at the time. I hadn't heard the Erasure or Aha song until now. Don't think I missed much!
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nïckslïkk2112

TOTP 1987 on BBC Four

Whenever Mrs S catches one of these, she says how glad she is that she was a teenager in the 70s as the music on TOTP 1987 is so shite :)

All hail Man 2 Man meets Alf Parrish though, just so Boystown!
Legend in my own Mind