• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

Banned from using TNMS! Help!

Started by Straight Shooter, September 05, 2013, 01:06:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Straight Shooter

Looking for some assistance from one of the Mods with this one:

Tried to login at work last week, to be greeted by the following...

"An Error Has Occurred!

Sorry Straight Shooter, you are banned from using this forum!
Almost all spam comes from .ru hostnames
This ban is not set to expire."

No change this week. Hadn't had any problems before at work.

Could understand if it was for some of the cheesy / cheeky comments but I can still get access from home...  ;D
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Chris Quartly

Hmmmmm, you wouldn't believe the amount of spam bots we have had to ban in hte last year or two. No-one sees them now because I have a filter that all first posts have to be approved before going live.

With all the ban triggers we now have it's quite possible that it may affect the odd actual person. You seem to have stumbled onto the ban for all Russian based (*.ru) hostnames, I'll temporarily lift it.

If anyone else has any problems, please get in touch with us.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Straight Shooter

Thanks Chris.

At work, I know I sometimes get some undeliverable emails returned, which were allegedly sent by me but weren't. Perhaps this 'activity' is blackening my good name, so to speak.
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Straight Shooter

Quote from: Chris Quartly on September 05, 2013, 14:17:49 pm
I'll temporarily lift it.

If doing so opens the floodgates, I'll just have to settle for access from home.

Chris Quartly

Let's see :)

Quote from: Straight Shooter on September 05, 2013, 22:27:05 pm
Perhaps this 'activity' is blackening my good name, so to speak.

Me? The honourable earl of Glasgow... embroiled in a Russian scandal? With my reputation?

Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Straight Shooter

Hohoho!  :P  ;D

Laird of Bathgate* if you don't mind!  ;)

(* better known as Bathgate-No-More...)