Wentworth prison

Started by zoony, August 31, 2013, 10:30:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

August 31, 2013, 10:30:28 am Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 18:07:51 pm by zoony
If any of you, like me, were hooked on the 80s Australian womens prison series called Prisoner cell block H, this is a new remake of it, with the first episode showing on channel 5 last thursday. I found it a good watch, and although the characters were the same as the previous series, it was a lot slicker, darker, and more professional. I'll probably keep up to date with this one.

Nulli Secundus

I heard about this and remember the original well.

I couldn't bring myself to watch it though I prefer to keep my "fond" memories of the original  ::)
Advertising is the rattling of the stick in the swill bucket

zoony

Enjoying this, pretty gritty viewing.

zoony

Looking forward to the last one in the series next week. Been cracking viewing.

Night Flyer

Due to your original post and remembering the original show i have quite by accident set the series to be recorded and not just an early sample. Just realised that when i saw my tv 'planner' chocca with these. I haven't watched any but will give it a go and good to know if i get into it i don't have to wait a week.. i can just pig out  :)
Forgive your enemies..... It will really annoy them.

zoony

Quote from: Night Flyer on October 28, 2013, 17:50:27 pm
Due to your original post and remembering the original show i have quite by accident set the series to be recorded and not just an early sample. Just realised that when i saw my tv 'planner' chocca with these. I haven't watched any but will give it a go and good to know if i get into it i don't have to wait a week.. i can just pig out  :)

Have you watched any of it mate? Great end to series 1, and now looking forward to the next one.

Night Flyer

Quote from: zoony on November 04, 2013, 18:12:57 pm
Have you watched any of it mate? Great end to series 1, and now looking forward to the next one.

No not yet. Fell asleep during the first but luckily had it recording anyway as i didn't expect to be even home then. I'll get into them in due course and will let you know.
Forgive your enemies..... It will really annoy them.

zoony

It's about time the second series of this was on our screens.

zoony

New series starts 3rd September. Looking forward to that.

zoony

Quote from: zoony on August 25, 2014, 16:37:05 pm
New series starts 3rd September. Looking forward to that.

Good start, continuing where it left off.

zoony

3 episodes into series 3 now. I'm still hooked.

zoony

Series 3 building up to a gripping climax.

Bez

Quote from: zoony on September 29, 2015, 18:11:44 pm
Series 3 building up to a gripping climax.

Still with this - maybe a couple of episodes behind - good stuff, but maybe starting to run out of new ideas...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

Quote from: Bez on September 30, 2015, 09:34:01 am
Still with this - maybe a couple of episodes behind - good stuff, but maybe starting to run out of new ideas...

Suppose there's not that much that can go in in prison compared to the outside world though mate. Been impressed with how all 3 series have built up towards a gripping ending though.

zoony

It's back this Tuesday, series 5. Best show on the telly, but Bea Smith will be a huge miss.