Earworms - 2

Started by Dixkot, July 07, 2013, 17:36:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on December 20, 2016, 16:00:18 pm
Has this thread really been dormant for so long?  :o

I was on chaperone duty seeing Kula Shaker at Leeds Academy last Saturday and while I've always thought they were okay I've had Tattva and Govinda on rotation in my head ever since.  The latter in particular which closed the show was terrific, so I may do the unthinkable and raid I.C.'s CD cabinet...  ::) ;)

2nd album (Astronauts, Pigs ?) is pretty good, although very much of its time....did they manage a 3rd ?

Top tunes and a better band than they were given credit for "at the time"
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Bez

Current earworm here is :

Dodgy - Staying Out For the Summer

No idea why !

Matt2112

Slade - Run Runaway

What a stonkingly great feelgood stompalong from back in the day; sounds like a marvellous collision between Iron Maiden and Big Country.
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on February 06, 2017, 12:55:29 pm
Slade - Run Runaway

What a stonkingly great feelgood stompalong from back in the day; sounds like a marvellous collision between Iron Maiden and Big Country.
:)

TerrBerr

Slade - Run Runaway

Growing up in North America, Slade were a bit of a joke band. Certainly we didn't take them seriously. I remember this song and ripping the p out of it. I wonder if it would sound any better if I head it now?

To me you're a Captain, but to a Captain, you're no Captain!

DavidL

Quote from: TerrBerr on February 06, 2017, 14:43:59 pm
Growing up in North America, Slade were a bit of a joke band. Certainly we didn't take them seriously. I remember this song and ripping the p out of it. I wonder if it would sound any better if I head it now?
Of course this was a song from the 'second coming' of Slade, post Reading festival 1980. They did release some stonkers in that period but, for me, the 'original' songs were hard to beat.
I think Kiss (another joke band?) have previously acknowledged they were fans of their 'classic' stuff.

captainkurtz

Slade - Run Runaway

So weird.  Apropos of absolutely nothing, I found myself singing that whilst walking upstairs to bed the other night.  The only place I will ever have heard that was when they mimed it on TOTP in the 1980's.  I much have VHS'd it, because some of the lyrics are clear to me - see the chameleon, lying there, in the sun, etc, etc.
Anger is a gift.

Matt2112

Thing is, we're playing a birthday party this month and were asked to play Cum On Feel The Noize, so as I was learning the lyrics properly and playing along to it on You Tube, Run Runaway came up as a suggestion. 

I remember loving it at primary school and listening to it again after so long rekindled all that and I can't stop hearing it in my head now.  The video is great fun as well.  It's my current favourite song - right cheers me up it does. :)
The keys to happiness

DavidL

Quote from: Matt2112 on February 06, 2017, 22:37:38 pm
Thing is, we're playing a birthday party this month and were asked to play Cum On Feel The Noize, so as I was learning the lyrics properly and playing along to it on You Tube, Run Runaway came up as a suggestion. 

I remember loving it at primary school and listening to it again after so long rekindled all that and I can't stop hearing it in my head now.  The video is great fun as well.  It's my current favourite song - right cheers me up it does. :)
Pity your vocalist!  ;D

Matt2112

Quote from: DavidL on February 07, 2017, 00:06:13 am
Pity your vocalist!  ;D

It'll have to be a mash-up with the (dreadful) Oasis version..!  ::) ;)
The keys to happiness

Slim

February 28, 2017, 18:03:15 pm #205 Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 00:10:28 am by Slim
A few weeks ago I had the most overwhelming earworm I've experienced in my life. It was more like being possessed than having a tune go round in my head, and it lasted for about a week. Almost a spiritual experience.

I've always liked Todd Rundgren's Love Of The Common Man but I never really loved it until one day last month when it came up as a suggestion on YouTube, no doubt because I'd been listening to other Todd tunes in previous days. I played it and for some reason it resonated with me like it never had before, and from that point it was more like being possessed than having a tune go round in my head. It lasted for about a week.

Slim

Quote from: Bez on January 12, 2017, 08:53:17 am
Current earworm here is :

Dodgy - Staying Out For the Summer

No idea why !

Wish I could find my Dodgy album. It's escaped the great digital assimilarion by hiding in a cardboard box somewhere. Always liked In A Room especially. One of those bands I most associate with Britpop, because they died with it.

Matt2112

Bacchus Plateau

The fault of Bravado the other week and CoS currently on commute duty in the motor.  What a little gem.
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: Slim on February 28, 2017, 18:04:57 pm
Wish I could find my Dodgy album. It's escaped the great digital assimilarion by hiding in a cardboard box somewhere. Always liked In A Room especially. One of those bands I most associate with Britpop, because they died with it.

Still out there....saw them a couple of years back in a very small venue locally....great fun

Nïckslïkk2112

Blue Oyster Cult - Godzilla

He's got to go...
Legend in my own Mind