Which was your favourite UK show?

Started by zoony, May 31, 2013, 20:15:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which show did you most enjoy of the 5 on the UK leg of the CA tour?

Manchester
2 (3.2%)
London
9 (14.5%)
Birmingham
9 (14.5%)
Sheffield
20 (32.3%)
Glasgow
22 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 62

PB

Glasgow for me on 3 counts, fantastic gig, caught one of Geddy's t-shirts and received my Time Machine programme signed by all 3 on Sat morning. ;D

Night Flyer

June 04, 2013, 19:39:19 pm #16 Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 19:41:21 pm by Night Flyer
Quote from: PB on June 03, 2013, 21:10:14 pm
Glasgow for me on 3 counts, fantastic gig, caught one of Geddy's t-shirts and received my Time Machine programme signed by all 3 on Sat morning. ;D

You jammy sod! Didn't even have the right programme with you either   ;D  Good one though. Glasgow of the 2 (Other Birmingham) gets my vote over the UK shows I attended but meeting up with so many before  really made that one a little extra. Just delighted to have added the dimension of Amsterdam to the experience too.

Still Glasgow it is!
Forgive your enemies..... It will really annoy them.

Slim

Sheffield over Manchester. A bit more memorable. I was pretty well in the same fourth row position for each but the band was putting out a bit more energy, the setlist was better for me and the atmosphere and spirit in the crowd was remarkable.

ghostwheel

Glasgow.  Despite 20th row tickets on my own (rather than 5th at Manchester and Sheffield), Glasgow wins for three reasons:

• Set list 1 beats Set list 2, especially with the surprise substitution of one song for another previously featured 4 times

• The band were mad for it

• Glaswegian audience in a different league to the English for mad drunken headbanging glee

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: ghostwheel on June 04, 2013, 23:49:07 pm
    • Glaswegian audience in a different league to the English for mad drunken headbanging glee

Ah, headbanging, a HEAVY METAL activity, not a PROG activity. [/list]
    Legend in my own Mind

ghostwheel

Quote from: Nick Sims on June 04, 2013, 23:57:00 pm
      Ah, headbanging, a HEAVY METAL activity, not a PROG activity.

Also a HARD ROCK activity IMV: for example I headbang to the Foo Fighters and Biffy Clyro (or are they Heavy Metal?  I can't be sure)

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: ghostwheel on June 05, 2013, 00:30:54 am
    Also a HARD ROCK activity IMV: for example I headbang to the Foo Fighters and Biffy Clyro (or are they Heavy Metal?  I can't be sure)

Hard Rock is what people who are too embarrassed to say they like Heavy Metal call Metal.

Geddy considers Rush to be a Hard Rock Band.

I bang my head when listening to the Foo Fighters. Against a wall. Repeatedly. Because I can't understand why a band so average are so popular.
    Legend in my own Mind

NeilP

Quote from: sjsbrfc on May 31, 2013, 22:01:01 pm
    Manchester for the pre-gig meet

Sheffield for the atomsphere at the gig itself

yeah, but you didn't do Glasgow  ;)

Matt2112

Sheffield, narrowly from Manc, then London.

I'll post more in the recollections thread.
    The keys to happiness

captainkurtz

A tie between Sheffield and London with Brum third and Manchesrer, bizarrely, fourth.

Enjoyed all the shows immensely, to be fair.
    Anger is a gift.

Captain Ron

Very very hard call this. Glasgow by the tiniest whisker over Sheffield despite having the best ever rocking lineup with me at Sheffield. Our seats aisle side, five rows from the front with a totally unobstructed view of the stage, good aisle patrol by the staff keeping interlopers at bay and miraculously good sound for the notoriously sonically challenged SECC. All great ingredients to top off a run of 5 great UK gigs.

"I wish that I could live it all again".
    "I was brought up to believe" (but never to leave beer)

NeilP

We should only take votes from those who attended them all or the result isn't accurate I'd have thought. ;)

döm

Quote from: NeilP on June 07, 2013, 11:44:32 am
    We should only take votes from those who attended them all or the result isn't accurate I'd have thought. ;)

I only attended one, I voted for it as it was my favorite  ;)
    You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

zoony

Quote from: NeilP on June 07, 2013, 11:44:32 am

I wish I could have done more than the 2 mate, but a scalpers wage is a pittance  ;).

NeilP

So Glasgow it was then, with Sheffield a close second ;)