Which was your favourite UK show?

Started by zoony, May 31, 2013, 21:15:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which show did you most enjoy of the 5 on the UK leg of the CA tour?

Manchester
2 (3.2%)
London
9 (14.5%)
Birmingham
9 (14.5%)
Sheffield
20 (32.3%)
Glasgow
22 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 62

zoony

I know that some of you lucky buggers went to all 5, but most of us on here attended between one and three judging by those of you I spoke to. I did London and Birmingham with my good friend, Ian, and both were excellent meet ups. From the second set onwards, both shows were excellent, but I didn't think they were quite on it in set 1 at Birmingham, so London gets my vote.

NeilP

Glasgow for me with Sheffield a close second (mainly to the company I was keeping and floor position)

JonL

The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

Rrroooaaarrr

Only went to Manchester & Birmingham and enjoyed both of them.

sjsbrfc

Manchester for the pre-gig meet

Sheffield for the atomsphere at the gig itself

From first to last. The peak is never passed. Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes

Tom Garrett

Quote from: Rrroooaaarrr on May 31, 2013, 22:53:22 pm
Only went to Manchester & Birmingham and enjoyed both of them.
What about the scenic route home? ;D

London for me by a whisker over Birmingham. Thanks to a fantastic seat upgrade from Neil. 8)
Thought the sound was a bit erratic in Manchester.
No doubt if I had done more,( from all accounts I've read ,) the last 2 would have been  even better.
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Summerland

Due to standing throughout the gig and enjoying all that rocking it, and a stupendous seat UPGRADE for the second half, kudos to Sheffield over Manchester.

Favourite single bit - Analog Kid at Manchester
-.-- -.-- --..

NeilP

Let's be honest, they were all good

Nïckslïkk2112

Sheffield, because of the city's intrinsic beauty.

This tour I saw 3 shows (2 UK) The closer I was to the front the better it was.
Legend in my own Mind

Gary L. Grape

IanTheHolte

It looks very much like this band save their  best to last....both my experiences individually were as good as one another but I'm voting brum....l enjoyed it  more mainly  to floor position and view of band....roll on next tour  front row !  You can't beat standing up for 3 hours  aye Rob?
RUSH "took my little baby soul on one hell of a ride"
                                           NP   Ghost rider

zoony

Quote from: IanTheHolte on June 01, 2013, 05:51:52 am
It looks very much like this band save their  best to last....both my experiences individually were as good as one another but I'm voting brum....l enjoyed it  more mainly  to floor position and view of band....roll on next tour  front row !  You can't beat standing up for 3 hours  aye Rob?

I'm going on your shoulders next time mate!  ;).

mickpaz2112

Sheffield just shaded Glasgow but I thought the guys were on fire each show.
Some people say they've seen angels,
I've seen United,
That's enough.

Nulli Secundus

Quote from: Summerland on May 31, 2013, 23:14:43 pm
Due to standing throughout the gig and enjoying all that rocking it, and a stupendous seat UPGRADE for the second half, kudos to Sheffield over Manchester.

Favourite single bit - Analog Kid at Manchester

I attended Manchester and Sheffield and think that Sheffield was better as I was with my son for his first ever gig... have to agree though Analog Kid at Manchester was superb!
Advertising is the rattling of the stick in the swill bucket

Blastzone

Quote from: mickpaz2112 on June 03, 2013, 19:21:11 pm
Sheffield just shaded Glasgow but I thought the guys were on fire each show.

Seconded
Mon the Jambos