UK legs attendances

Started by zoony, May 27, 2013, 17:19:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

I only did 2 shows this year and in 2011 because of the ticket prices....previously I'd "stalked"....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on June 26, 2013, 10:27:13 am
Glad they played Sheffield but surprised that the promoter added that date.

I've said it before, but Rush actually enjoy playing in Sheffield! They say it's a good sounding Arena.
The Sheffield shows have been my favourites on the last couple of tours too.
What they should do is play a half Arena config at Sheffield. It'd look a lot fuller and they may be able to pitch more tickets at the higher price level.

If they do Yurp again, I reckon it'll be three or four UK dates plus Yurpean festivals.
Legend in my own Mind

captainkurtz

Quote from: Nick Sims on June 26, 2013, 21:50:36 pm
I've said it before, but Rush actually enjoy playing in Sheffield! They say it's a good sounding Arena.

I've heard that before as well - I could be wrong but didn't Roadcrew start that?

I don't believe it for a second...its a dirty great big arena that is no worse or better sounding than any other Arena in the Country - SECC withstanding.

Surely you'd don't believe they actually request to play Sheffield when these tours are being booked - as if they give a flying feck!

Good call re. the configuration though - that would be brilliant.

I've enjoyed all the Sheffield Rush shows I've seen - 92,11,13 - certainly the pick of the bunch for me this time around.  Cheap venue parking as well...
Anger is a gift.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on June 26, 2013, 22:22:24 pm

I don't believe it for a second...its a dirty great big arena that is no worse or better sounding than any other Arena in the Country - SECC withstanding.

Alex gave an interview to the Sheffield Star this tour and he did say they liked the sound of Sheffield Arena.
Whether that was being said in a DLR style "Noocassel, you're The Rark and Roll capital of the world" style I knoweth not.

QuoteSurely you'd don't believe they actually request to play Sheffield when these tours are being booked

I just like to try winding people up...
Legend in my own Mind

Straight Shooter

Quote from: BaldiePete on June 26, 2013, 19:03:39 pm
Signals in Edinburgh was also £5.

...and you got to 'meet' the band afterwards and get your programme signed!  ;)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

karl

1980 Birmingham Odeon ticket price £4.50.

Thailand Express

Quote from: karl on June 27, 2013, 18:07:54 pm
1980 Birmingham Odeon ticket price £4.50.

It'd cost you that for a pint at a gig now!

3rdday

The Sheffield attendance would probably fit in the Cardiff arena if they made it a standing gig. It would be nice if they catered for those of us in South West Britain for a change.

It's still a shed, but it's a slightly smaller shed, which should make for a decent atmosphere if it's fullish. The downside is that some of the locals that turn up to gigs there these days are complete knuckleheads.

Thailand Express

That's maybe a decent idea to stimulate interest next time they're here, play different cities like Cardiff, Liverpool or Belfast.  I heard loads of Ulster accents at the SECC...

Matt2112

Leeds Arena.  Same ampitheatre layout as Dublin Arena and I reckon two out of the three tiers would be pretty much full.
The keys to happiness

Night Flyer

Quote from: Thailand Express on June 28, 2013, 09:31:44 am
That's maybe a decent idea to stimulate interest next time they're here, play different cities like Cardiff, Liverpool or Belfast.  I heard loads of Ulster accents at the SECC...

There are many of us following them but i just take it for granted we're going to have to travel to see them as we always did. We now have an appropriate arena in the city that would be ideal but i'm not holding my breath at this stage of their career. Dublin was a pleasant surprise but Belfast feck! that would be the icing on the cake an i'll die happy.
Forgive your enemies..... It will really annoy them.

freewill

Would love a Liverpool show for a change & preferably a friday night gig & make a weekend of it. 8)
Wembley Arena 1988
Manchester MEN 2007
O2 Dublin 2011
O2 London 2011
O2 London 2013

Bez

I think the problem is promoters as much as the band....I'd like to see different cities, but I think we have to accept that they'll continue with the "tried & tested" model from now on...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Straight Shooter

Quote from: Thailand Express on June 28, 2013, 09:31:44 am
I heard loads of Ulster accents at the SECC...

Make a change from Ibrox then... ;)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

Captain Ron

I too would love to see them play Belfast. The Odyssey Arena is a perfect venue for them. If they ever did it and I was not front row I think it would kill me.
"I was brought up to believe" (but never to leave beer)