UK Tour Review Thread - Setlist Spoilers in Here Please

Started by Bez, May 23, 2013, 09:39:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Quote from: Reg on May 31, 2013, 13:07:59 pm
I think the setlist and alternates this time around is part of Alex's desire to get as much of their catalogue recorded visually as they can.

Does that mean that next time (assuming there is a next time), we can expect Open Secrets and Second Nature?  Or are we (shudder) more likely to get Carve Away The Stone, Virtuality and Dog Years.

Carve Away The Stone would be nice - would happily have swapped that one for Territories or The Pass, or Grand Designs. Or Far Cry, or Red Sector A. But even better would be Test For Echo or Totem.
Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.

Slim

Quote from: Rrroooaaarrr on May 31, 2013, 13:15:51 pm
I like Carve Away The Stone!

It's a belting, sprightly little rocker with bags of energy and a lovely chorus, isn't it?

pdw1

Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Fishy

Quote from: Reg on May 31, 2013, 13:18:39 pm
I believe that makes two of you.

and three.. i like it...

i also like We Hold On
From the Land of Honest Men.

Rrroooaaarrr

Quote from: Slim on May 31, 2013, 13:21:44 pm
It's a belting, sprightly little rocker with bags of energy and a lovely chorus, isn't it?
It sure is. I must be one of the few that really likes T4E. Maybe because they didn't tour it over here meant a lot of people didn't give it much time. Sadly I think it's an LP that will be skipped over if there are anymore tours. Hope I'm wrong though.

Rrroooaaarrr

Quote from: pdw1 on May 31, 2013, 13:23:00 pm
one Rrroooaaarrr is more than enough   ::)
And you seemed so nice when I met you ::) :)

Richard_2112

Quote from: Reg on May 31, 2013, 13:07:59 pmLock and Key wouild be good.

I thought with the string section that would have been a dead cert. Probably a good thing they didn't play it as it would have been damn annoying to change my pants half way through the show...
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

3rdday

Quote from: Fishy on May 31, 2013, 13:25:19 pm

i also like We Hold On

So do I. It rocks along quite nicely and would come over quite well live, I think.  Carve Away The Stone would be fine too, but nothing else from T4E - I haven't played that album for years and don't feel much need to hear it again any time soon.

Graham Hyde

Quote from: NeilP on May 30, 2013, 01:16:18 am
Sheffield was a great gig, crowd on the floor were up for it and the sound was excellent in the second set. I always think you pick up on the vibe and reactions of those around you and as I was next to Lynda and Fuzzyon the 6th row Geddy's side - it was terrific!!

Shame we could have met, I was 5th row Geddy's side !

Slim

Quote from: Rrroooaaarrr on May 31, 2013, 13:35:57 pmIt sure is. I must be one of the few that really likes T4E.

It's pretty well the only Rush album between Presto and Clockwork Angels worth bothering with. It does have a couple of stinkers. But it has two bona-fide Rush classics as well, in the title track and Totem.

Thailand Express

Quote from: dom on May 31, 2013, 13:10:09 pm
Yes hearing Body Electric live was a real joy, but it would have been surpassed if they had played Middletown Dreams.  Limelight is overdone now for me at this stage and it would have been a bit of a let-down to hear that instead of either of the other 2.

In the context of last night's gig it wasn't really a let down at all.  Mind you I could watch Rush playing Limelight most days of the year :)

Bez

Quote from: Richard_2112 on May 31, 2013, 13:38:42 pm
I thought with the string section that would have been a dead cert.

"Losing it" live would have been worth the price of admission....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Deano

Agreed..."Losing It" would have been amazing. Has this ever been played live ? I think not ?

Reg

I had discussions with others about Losing It.  I was really hoping for that seeing how they had string players on stage.  Ho hum.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Thailand Express

My thinking is that "hopefully" there will be another tour and, given the success of the experiment, the string ensemble will be brought along again. So we'll probably see less Clockwork Angels and more oldies performed with the strings meaning songs like Losing It could be aired. 
We shall see....