UK Tour Review Thread - Setlist Spoilers in Here Please

Started by Bez, May 23, 2013, 08:39:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

There's plenty of peeps who haven't seen the setlist yet....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Thailand Express

captainkurtz

No first night gremlins last night - a superb show in front of a strangely subdued audience.

Love the setlist, but its not for the casual fan.

New stuff is stonking live.

Geddy's vocals were very strong all night, I thought.

Sound was slightly boomy in the first half (slightly) but was near perfect in the second half.

Great show, caught another T-shirt (and I noticed alex's plec bounced of a completely unaware Mick Parry - Baldie Pete was the lucky recipient)

Great show - very much looking forward to London.

Anger is a gift.

Bez

Quote from: Thailand Express on May 23, 2013, 08:44:09 am
Should this thread not be in "Spoilers" ;)

Probably, but an excited Rush fan is not known for its tact.... ::)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Thailand Express

Surprised to read that the crowd was subdued, the couple of Manc gigs I've been to were bouncing...

dannyc

New stuff is great live ( though two peeps in front of me sat down in Block A Row C for the entire 2nd half until the new stuff has finished).. Really pleasantly suprised how well the ensemble was mixed in (you could hear everything).

Agree with Kurtz it was oddly subdued - looking at the sides I think everyone was sat - who cares we had an fantastic time and they looked like they really enjoyed themselves.

Nulli Secundus

An excellent night. The new stuff worked really well live and as mentioned the strings were fantastic.

Loved it.

Only downside.... none of my pictures turned out due to my shitty camera  :'(

Can't wait for Sheffield  8)
Advertising is the rattling of the stick in the swill bucket

Summerland

Enjoyed that much more than I expected. eddy's voice was surprisinly stron. The new stuff must have been very excitin for those who were waitin for it - some of it rocked enouh to keep the rest of us awake. Actually, that's a tad unfair, some of it was very well presented to this unconvinced ear. Surprised how powerfully reminiscent some of the mid 80's stuff was. A certain son off sinals was worth the trip to Manchester alone - blisterin Alex! Altoether, a vast improvement on Dublin, i'm even lookin forward to Sheff, rather than bailin on the ticket.

Had to dash to et a train home, but it was reat to see so many peeps in the daytime before. And yes, my 'jee' key ain't workin'.

-.-- -.-- --..

Stewart

Awesome gig! and it was great to bump into the usual crowd after all these years ...

ARH, VT, Mr Green, Neph, Baldie Pete, Craig Smith, Hass, Matt E, Mr Sweetman, Slim, Tom G, Jon Dahmes, JP & Jude and whoever else I've forgotten! So you all again at Sheffield... if I have time!

Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to Ron and Terry!

And a big special thank you to Dods, oh and Pamela too :)

Japes

It was a great show  with the contrast of old songs ( a couple of which i had never heard live before) in the first half and the brilliant Clockwork Angels songs in the second half working just fine for me.   As ever a big part of the shows is meeting up with friends old and new beforehand. Always good fun to catch up and pick up from where we left off the last time !!

BaldiePete

The first set was not really to my taste by that didn't stop me from enjoying it immensely. However, if you're going to play some 80's deep cuts, couldn't you PLEASE have made Kid Gloves one of them? The second set was immense, the CA stuff works superbly live.

I was surprised to see so many sitting at the sides but perhaps that was a result of the less than populist setlist. There was a guy a couple of rows behind me literally pleading for Limelight and Tom Sawyer about five songs into the 2nd set.

BaldiePete

Quote from: captainkurtz on May 23, 2013, 08:46:41 am

Great show, caught another T-shirt (and I noticed alex's plec bounced of a completely unaware Mick Parry - Baldie Pete was the lucky recipient)

That was a nice surprise. It ended up right at my feet. After the show I gave it to ARH's son James, I'm sure he'll appreciate it more than I would.

captainkurtz

Anger is a gift.

BaldiePete

Quote from: captainkurtz on May 23, 2013, 11:50:04 am
Nice touch, Sir.

Since I only got it because I sneaked into the front row it was only fair to give it away.

Lyth

Quote from: captainkurtz on May 23, 2013, 08:46:41 am
No first night gremlins last night - a superb show in front of a strangely subdued audience.

:)

Pretty much what he said.

However there were a couple of gremlins/feck ups in the Clockwork Angels set (not sure if we can name names in here so I won't) - Neil slowed down too early in the middle of one song and both him and Alex screwed up the start of another.