Author Topic: Cycling - 2  (Read 80290 times)

döm

• TNMS Member
Re: Cycling - 2
« Reply #3240 on: November 10, 2018, 13:58:30 PM »
First spin out since September 2nd.

A gentle, flat 25kms but great to get back out again.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
« Reply #3241 on: November 11, 2018, 17:21:56 PM »
The roads were a bit wet and muddy early this afternoon, but I took the Boardman out for a Twycrosser. My right knee especially has been unusually painful this week despite not having undergone any particular exertion. But it seemed to cope OK with 23.6 miles.

Very nice out there later on when the sun came out, and the roads were a bit drier. A bit blowy but that was mostly a tail wind after Sheepy. I took a more honest GPS watch this time, and it agreed with the magnet-driven bike computer to within 0.03 miles over the whole distance. Good enough.

I would normally take the hybrid out in those conditions but I still haven't got round to fixing the gears. I don't believe it's had a run out all year. Shameful really. All that time I had off cycling in the summer and lots of nice weather to dig it out of the garage and plonk it on the stand. And I didn't bother.

Anyway that takes me to a modest 55 miles this month, and 2080 this year. Perhaps next time I take a bike out I shall contrive a route to take me to 2112 miles.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1959071498

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
« Reply #3242 on: November 12, 2018, 09:54:35 AM »
Im thinking about getting an aero bike. The gains look quite significant compared to just getting a lighter bike.

Looking at either

https://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/bikes/road-bikes/ec-130e-aero-road

or one of teh Giant Propel range

The new songs are an abomination