Cycling - 2

Started by Dixkot, May 12, 2013, 00:27:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilP

hills are tough for real men

Jonners

Nice video of the Malvern Mad Hatter, little bit of Boardman, and yours truly at 2 minutes 50 saying a few words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQjgFQshUbg

The new songs are an abomination

Andy42g

Train to Dent and bike back to Leeds tomorrow. 70 miles or so. Lots of lurverly Dales scenery - and big hills - to be had along the way. And cake.
Why isn't there a sarcasm font?

Jonners

CAKE"! we love cake (and hills)

Andy42g

Bike ride is not proper without cake. It's the law.

Andy42g

Andy42g

Two really good mountain bike night rides this week. Conditions fantastic - dry trails and excellent weather. It's been a fine summer (and autumn) for biking.

Jonners

Just signed up for my last sportive of the year,  a Wiggle super series on Oct 27th starting at Silverstone in Northampton. Only 83 miles the epic, with one hill of note, route described as rolling which means high pace, so should suit me nicely

Andy42g

Brilliant win for Voss at the worlds road race. She is amazing - and this is the lady who's switched to Mountain biking mainly this season. Men's race tomorrow - Brad and Chris Froome. Should be fun. Well done BBC2.

Andy42g

September 29, 2013, 16:26:06 pm #24 Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 17:34:30 pm by Andy42g
Yuck. Weather making a bit of a debacle of it today. Our boys all wimped.
But bloody hell - what an epic.

Andy42g

September 29, 2013, 17:35:46 pm #25 Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 17:46:55 pm by Andy42g
McQuaid out - Cookson in as UCI president. Should shake things up a bit.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/23042927

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/sep/28/uci-brian-cookson-lance-armstrong-doping
Olive branch for Lance?

Jonners

none of the brits finished, not convinced what to make of that really. Do our boys now earn too much riding for Sky/quickstep etc to need to take the risk?

Andy42g

Quote from: Jonners on September 30, 2013, 13:55:58 pm
none of the brits finished, not convinced what to make of that really. Do our boys now earn too much riding for Sky/quickstep etc to need to take the risk?

Was discussing this last night. They can only ride protected in a team - and they are very good at that. However, none of them are hard enough to do a one day classic if they get exposed. And Brad's shit in the wet.

Jonners

Think I might be packing the Planet x superbike away for winter and getting the decathlon Ironclad out, weather looks bloody awful!

Andy42g

Quote from: Jonners on October 04, 2013, 16:19:46 pm
Think I might be packing the Planet x superbike away for winter and getting the decathlon Ironclad out, weather looks bloody awful!

:) Still lovely up here but was in work today pre-paying for my skiing while I should have been out on my mean machine.
But yeah - the hybrid will be un-mothballed soon for the commute.