Glasgow Pre-Meet

Started by BaldiePete, May 08, 2013, 14:51:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldiePete

Beer lovers, old guys and people who like a good pub with decent food - Bon Accord  8)
Lager drinkers, youngsters and people who like sweaty rock pubs - Solid Rock  :P

Fraternisation is allowed and encouraged  :)

Any southerners coming up and going in to a Glasgow chippie must remember that the correct response to the query "salt and vinegar?" is "Aye and gae it big sprinkles"  ::)

NeilP

Bon Accord it is then, see you there

Neph

Quote from: BaldiePete on May 08, 2013, 14:51:24 pm

Any southerners coming up and going in to a Glasgow chippie must remember that the correct response to the query "salt and vinegar?" is "Aye and gae it big sprinkles"   ::)

Absolutely.  ;D
#herewego10inarow

Bez

Quote from: BaldiePete on May 08, 2013, 14:51:24 pm
Any southerners coming up and going in to a Glasgow chippie must remember that the correct response to the query "salt and vinegar?" is "Aye and gae it big sprinkles"  ::)

Do they charge extra for S&V ?  ::)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

The Old Dog

Quote from: Bez on May 09, 2013, 13:40:13 pm
Do they charge extra for S&V ?  ::)

Nah jist dinnae ask fir sauce  :o

Dixkot

The Bon Accord wins hands down.

Neph

Quote from: Dixkot on May 10, 2013, 20:49:07 pm

The Bon Accord wins hands down.

Couldn't agree more, a gentleman's establishment for the refined Rush fan is how I see it. Anyway, me and my homeboy Big Baldie P will be in there some time in the afternoon, come over and say Yo.
#herewego10inarow

NeilP

Is it in walking distance from the city centre, it appears to be very close to the motorway?

KEVINOWEN

Quote from: NeilP on May 11, 2013, 09:41:28 am
Is it in walking distance from the city centre, it appears to be very close to the motorway?

Had a really great time at the Bonn accord last tour meeting up with some great peeps  ;D great Pub,nice atmosphere etc etc will be my place of choice again!!
Neil its a bit out of  the City Im Staying at the Premm inn near George Square which is in the city centre i got a taxi last time but can be easily walked (if its a nice day)  ;)
Women are like Elephants....they look nice but you wouldn't want to own one

BaldiePete

May 11, 2013, 14:39:03 pm #9 Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 20:01:12 pm by BaldiePete

The motorway is on a lower level. When you are in the pub you'd never know it's there.  Easily walkable from the city centre (5 mins from George Square) although its not exactly a flat walk. A taxi will get you there in 5 minutes. It's about the same distance again go the SECC from there.

Pricey

Enjoyed our evening at the bon accord very much , nice little boozer
I'll try and behave . Promise

Dixkot

Depending on what time you're getting in, I could meet you in the city centre and be a native guide.

NeilP

works for me Richard... maybe a few sherbets en route?

geo

a pub crawl, there's an idea.

Thailand Express

The Ben Nevis in Argyle St is our usual haunt for a pre-swally.
Hee hee regular Rush gigs in Glasgow, innit great 8)