Sheffield - Pre Show Beer

Started by The Letter R, May 08, 2013, 09:21:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 08, 2013, 22:46:40 pm
Well there'll be a state-of-the-art arena up and running soon in the Knightsbridge Of The North, so there'll be no reason to visit Sheffield at all.  :D

Sheffield may be a disgusting tip, but at least it's not a disgusting tip that affect Airs and Graces. DIRTY LEEDS!
Plus it's only 15 minutes on the train to the City Centre or a half hour drive to the Arena for me.
Legend in my own Mind


bubbles

Any recommendations for a city centre pub? Staying at Travelodge with my son so may have a couple in the afternoon before getting on the tram to arena.

Neph

Quote from: Muppet on May 08, 2013, 14:23:14 pm
Carbrook Hall was the meet up last time round.  Sit outside if the weather holds and pub grub on the go too

try this

http://goo.gl/maps/FGHJ4


I'll be there mid-afternoon some time.
#herewego10inarow

Muppet

Quote from: bubbles on May 09, 2013, 11:10:22 am
Any recommendations for a city centre pub? Staying at Travelodge with my son so may have a couple in the afternoon before getting on the tram to arena.


Avoid all city centre pubs unless you enjoy socialising with the cast of the night of the living dead  ;)

Only two decent pubs I've found in Sheffield are The Fat Cat and the Kelham Island Tavern although neither are that central.  Carbrook Hall scrapes a pass mark
One likes to believe
In the freedom of music

Muppet

Quote from: Muppet on May 09, 2013, 12:32:45 pm
Avoid all city centre pubs unless you enjoy socialising with the cast of the night of the living dead  ;)

Only two decent pubs I've found in Sheffield are The Fat Cat and the Kelham Island Tavern although neither are that central.  Carbrook Hall scrapes a pass mark


And nobody mention The Harley hotel please  ::)  >:(
One likes to believe
In the freedom of music

bubbles

City centre cant be that bad surely :o? Last time at sheff arena was RTB tour vaguely remember a pub opposite the venue.

Nïckslïkk2112

Legend in my own Mind


Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: AlexJ on May 11, 2013, 00:53:53 am
Just booked my train ticket for this. Should be there around 4pm provided I can work out how to get from Sheffield main station to the Meadowhall Premier Inn!

Supertram.
Probably.
Legend in my own Mind


Neph

Quote from: AlexJ on May 11, 2013, 00:53:53 am
Just booked my train ticket for this. Should be there around 4pm provided I can work out how to get from Sheffield main station to the Meadowhall Premier Inn!


I did hear that Sheffield have these things called taxis, not quite sure what they are but I've heard they are a means of transportation. ;)
#herewego10inarow

NeilP

Quote from: AlexJ on May 11, 2013, 00:53:53 am
Just booked my train ticket for this. Should be there around 4pm provided I can work out how to get from Sheffield main station to the Meadowhall Premier Inn!


You should stay in the station (midland) and pop on the train to Meadowhall, every 4 mins and the journey takes 6 mins, Premier Inn is pretty close to the station I think, 5-10 mins walk

Reg

Unfortunately, I now seem to be getting a ticket to the Sheffield gig, and I have taken Tues and Weds off - so I will see you's guys at Carbrook Hall :).
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

NeilP

Isn't that place meant to be haunted?

Spirit of Rich

Quote from: NeilP on May 13, 2013, 13:31:08 pm
Isn't that place meant to be haunted?


Well the bitter is headless........
You know how that rabbit feels........

NeilP


Reg

May 13, 2013, 15:57:49 pm #29 Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 16:23:09 pm by Reg
I believe there's a ghost of a chance you can find yourself a pint, and make it last . . . . .

I'll get me coat.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide